ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ktec 172 recessed exhaust fitting help

Clio 172 cup
Hi all

i need some help, I purchased a ktec recessed exhaust a couple of months ago and have finally got round to fitting it this past week. Only problem is I either wasn't sent or have mislaid the instructions of where to make the cut in the rear bumper. It not something I want to guesstimate and get wrong. If anyone knows where to make the cut i would really appreciate it

Clio 172 cup
That was my original plan but I can't get the exhaust sitting right and the hangers done up without getting it into its final position, I obviously can't get it into its final position until I cut the bumper. I did have the idea of removing the rear bumper finish fitting the exhaust then offer up the rear bumper to out line where I need to make the cut but that seems like a long way round of doing it and I still don't think i'd be able to get the positioning 100% right

Ph1 172 and Ph1 225
There must be a way. Some I've seen are literally **** on. I'm doing mine Saturday hope I don't balls it up otherwise I'll be hunting another rear bumper

Clio 172 cup
So I've managed to find this after several google searches

Re: k-tec recessed exhaust fitted
no no, after seing yours and your videos i took the plunge and went for it hehe

Do you just line up the exhaust with the bumper and hen cut it or is there a diagram?
no their is instructions and pictures, you measure 16" from the corner of the bumper and thats the centre of the surround, 14" and 19" is the outside of the surround, i measured the 14" and 19" marks then drew around the surround, cut it out and then a bit of jiggery pokery and it fitted perfectly

i may may give this method a go a hope it is for the exhaust I have and the measurement are still current

I did have the idea of removing the rear bumper finish fitting the exhaust then offer up the rear bumper to out line where I need to make the cut but that seems like a long way round of doing it and I still don't think i'd be able to get the positioning 100% right

That's what I did, fit the system properly with rear bumper removed, fit the bumper the best you can and mark it, then remove and refit again and again and again, be patient and use your dremel or similar to make it good, takes a while to do though as I did very little at a time

Clio 172 cup
Cheers for the input guys. Still undecided which way to do it, feel happier doing the bumper off method now I know someone else has done it that way

When I did it on my last car I fitted the exhaust then marked the center of the exhaust on the bumper, then I used an exhaust surround from a 182 to draw the cut out after centring it against the line, after cutting the bumper I just filed it out a tad and it was a perfect fit :)