ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ktec catback exhaust but my cat has a 3 bolt triangle flange... Help...

RB 182 FF
Hi chaps, I bought a Ktec catback off Bashracing/Dave and got all the clamps and olive joint for the cat etc that I need... Problem is the 182 previously had a custom Prospeed exhaust fitted and it looks like my cat has a 3 bolt triangle flange coming off it... Is this a normal mod to do as its more secure or something?

Anyone got any suggestions how I can get this sorted? Is there anywhere that would be willing to sort it for a few quid? It's just another ball ache I don't need to go with the abs sensor on the dash that needs sorting before the mot.... 🙄 Cheers in advance...

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I'm guessing someone got pissed off with the olive and had it replaced. Looks limeyoull have to do the same with the 3 bolt. Find a local exhaust place and get a vband fitted instead if you can.

RB 182 FF
I've seen cats on ebay for about 80 quid, would that be a good idea and use the olive joint as normal, or is the olive joint genuinely a crap thing to use?! I don't have any exhaust places near me that I'm aware of so thinking maybe swap out the cat.... 🤔

RB 182 FF
If that's the case I need to find somewhere that can help me... Not sure where the nearest powerflow is, I'm going to have to do some research and see if any local legends are knocking about that can help me.... We've got a few motorsport/rally type garages around here, maybe someone will be willing to help for a few beer tokens...

RB 182 FF
Cut that flange off the cat and just sleeve it to the exhaust.

When you say sleeve it do you mean buy one off ebay, I wasn't aware of this until I went on ebay and have seen a 2.5 inch sleeve with clamps for 13quid... That sounds quite possible to do as a home made effort, is it as easy as it sounds?!