ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ktec coilovers v Vmax coilovers

Italian 3.2 V6
as title... big bonus pay day next wed :D will have around 500-700 to spend on bits for the car.. 300-400 on coilovers (rest is going on brakes n maby tyres depending on what i spend on coilovers n brakes)

herd the 2 in title are best value for money, so which ones are better and y!? currently have eibech sportlines so want the coilovers to be better than current spirings.

some key facts which may help..
-for fast road odd track day maby
-only want to lower about 50mm all round.
-15" wheels
-15mm spacers all round
-would like to get camber later on.

cheers.

V-maxx are a cracking set of the money, No experience of the K-tec kit so can't comment.

V-maxx are too soft for all out track use, but a good setup for the road day to day, they also have a very neat camber adjustment offset cam design. Alot of coilover for your money!

I will say 50mm lowering is not far off the v-maxx's max lowering ability at the rear, have to check that though.

When you mention camber are you referring to the rear? If so I'd leave it alone unless you are doing some serious track work and after a very specific handling character.

Last edited:
  Italian 3.2 V6
V-maxx are a cracking set of the money, No experience of the K-tec kit so can't comment.

V-maxx are too soft for all out track use, but a good setup for the road day to day, they also have a very neat camber adjustment offset cam design. Alot of coilover for your money!

I will say 50mm lowering is not far off the v-maxx's max lowering ability at the rear, have to check that though.

When you mention camber are you referring to the rear? If so I'd leave it alone unless you are doing some serious track work and after a very specific handling character.

Cheers for the quick reply tom, very helpful. Iirc you guys fit and set them up for a good price dont you!? How much is it!?

Only want to lower is as much as I can go for practicle reasons tbh, any idea on what hight I can lower it by, estimate..?

camber I was hooding -1.5 degree all round, just to get a good looking stance, is this possible with these?

Cheers.

A Flamin' Red one
Camber on the V-Maxx is only available for the front wheels.

Out of the two (having V-Maxx on my car and reading up on this forum about the K-Tec kit) you get alot more bang for your buck with the V-Maxx set up.

You've seen my recent thread and posts re. height and set up I'm sure?

NOTHING
i have the k tec ones and i am very happy with them, i also went from eibachs to these coilovers. Really good for the road, not to hard and not crashy at all, but would be to soft for the track. Also have built in front camber adjustment. So i dont see the getting alot more bang for your buck when buying v max, as they are pretty much the same sort of product. The only thing i will say is ktec are known for there after sales advice and service, this was another reason for choosing them.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Haha Tom, glad to see my car was helpful for once!

I've been impressed with the V-Maxx, from standard the change is unbelievable, like driving a completely different car, so much more grip, so I would assume you'd notice the difference too.

But as Tom said, the damping will bit soft for track use. On very hard drives, I wish they were harder but as they're non-adjustable, its a good compromise for an everyday car. This would be a big advantage of paying more for FKs for example, but for the price and needs dependant, the V-Maxx are a great buy.

Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts
Just a thought, but I had my 182 on Gaz coilovers, which cost about 440 from Corby motorsport I think it was.

Couldn't fault them for the money - didn't think they were that crashy, but also could be made hard enough for track work.

Italian 3.2 V6
ok, plenty of good feedback on the Vmaxx ones, sound very promising, probably jus what im looking for tbh.. JMS would be perfrct but its 5 hours away :(

any other ppl with reviews of ktecs coilover set!?

or any other cheaper sets like the gaz ones which jeo has just spoke of.

cheers.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
ok, plenty of good feedback on the Vmaxx ones, sound very promising, probably jus what im looking for tbh.. JMS would be perfrct but its 5 hours away :(

any other ppl with reviews of ktecs coilover set!?

or any other cheaper sets like the gaz ones which jeo has just spoke of.

cheers.

road trip ftw! just stay overnight could make a weekend of it?