ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ktec Induction kit reviews?

RS6 C7
Iv'e been thinking of fitting one of these to the Trophy but can't find any reviews much other than it's fairly loud!

There was a thread up a while back but I guess as K-tec hasn't paid their trader fee it's been hidden?

Anyway what are they like compared to standard? Is it worthwhile or just a waste of money? I want to know from people who actually own one and not just the people who hate K-tec lol!

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
I went to sell mine, took it off put the standard airbox back on, and bloody hated it. placebo or no placebo if felt better with the ktec on which is why i have put it back on, looks good in the bay too :eek:

People will tell you you can make your own etc etc, but think if you ever want to sell it. its going to be easier to sell than some put together DIY effort imo.

RS6 C7
I went to sell mine, took it off put the standard airbox back on, and bloody hated it. placebo or no placebo if felt better with the ktec on which is why i have put it back on, looks good in the bay too :eek:

People will tell you you can make your own etc etc, but think if you ever want to sell it. its going to be easier to sell than some put together DIY effort imo.
My thought exactly! What colour for the Trophy? I think the red looks a bit dull? Black seems nice!

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
My thought exactly! What colour for the Trophy? I think the red looks a bit dull? Black seems nice!

I wanted black, but was out of stock for a while but they had a blue one in stock and went with that. look ok being on BG. i think for your trophy either red or black imo

Just make ur own mate I mad my own and dyno test it back to back with the stock air box(itg filter) it a gained 2.5 hp with the home made kit

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 306

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Dan @ 519 usually has some in stock.

I've been on track with one fitted and the noise is hilarious! So loud.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I've recently fitted one to mine. Not had chance to drive it myself, but been out twice as a passenger in it and the noise is awesome!

I would ring ktec to check stock availability before placing an order online though because I ordered mine back at the start of December and didn't receive It until late January.

For the noise alone it's worth it. As for performance gains, I wouldn't expect much, if anything.

Chris

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Noise can be tiresome as my wife pointed out on todays 3.5 hour drive on the a1 every time I overtook someone or accelareted. Fine around town though

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Before and after runs I did on Russ' (Sprintcup) cup. No map changes. Remap to suit usually sorts out the torque dip at lower revs nicely

22028_462961223757704_1215145274_n.jpg

I have one fitted:)

The noise is great/addictive its not constantly there so it can become peaceful when needed.

It is overpriced and rushed, quality is poor regarding the fitment of the hose and the breather setup is tacky. The main induction hose rubs against the ecu wiring harness and have been told i have to hack the bracket slightly to stop it! I will just shorten the hose by 5mm where it goes onto the throttle body.

So my opinion is: Overpriced piece of tat thats very poorly made but sounds awesome and makes the car feel more responsive so shall be keeping it.

Also use Dan@519 because K-tec take your money then make you wait a couple of months to get it!!!!

I have one. I agree it's expensive. But it looks good! Mines RED.

Car did feel a lot more responsive before the map!

It is quite loud though. But it does sound awesome. I don't know if I'm alone in thinking this but it almost sounds like the engine has bodies.

There was a flamer at bedford this weekend which sounded like it could be on bodies but on inspection I found it out was a KTR IK.

I have one, monumentally loud (and awesome) and seems to be a bit more responsive (all psychological probably).

As others have said, perhaps overpriced, but worth it!

I've got a black one :)

Same money as K-tec Dan?

I'll ring you up once Iv'e caught up with getting 180 parcels sent lol !

Think so. iirc he only has blue and black in stock.

Yep it also sounds similar to itb's/ missing subaru type sorta noise lol. especially low down in 4th

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Think so. iirc he only has blue and black in stock.

Yep it also sounds similar to itb's/ missing subaru type sorta noise lol. especially low down in 4th

I can get any of them, just the black and Blue seem popular so I keep them on the shelf. Red looks really nice though, I thought it would be too much, but it works

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I must be the minority that thought the noise was annoying, initially I liked it. 200miles later I sold it and made my own, saved money and my ears.

Old before my time I reckon, anyway there's the video of mine now, still loud lol

Cams make it a lot more aggressive with regard to noise. MTFU TBQFH

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
I made my own one up for peanuts, and yes the noise is amazing. I found it pulled much better too. Although before I had it fitted I was using a simota.