ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ktec Recessed Alignment

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
Hi everyone,
My 172 came with a recessed system which has melted the 182 surround, and was bodged with jubilee clips to hold it in place in the cutout.

I have removed all of these, renewed bolts, rubbers etc. and struggling to align the exhaust?

I can get it central on the jack, tighten it all up but as soon as I take the jack off it droops and lols over to the right, because the strap 'pin' in the rubber mount tilts. Ive tigersealed a new motorfactor mount and left it for a fortnight to set.

Any tips on getting it sat right? Tempted to cut the tip off and go stealth otherwise!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
It's a pain. I have just fitted what you have, it doesn't sit a hundred percent but I don't use the car much so it's not an issue really. The rear hanger is that packed enough?

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Might be easier to get another bumper and just cut the hole accordingly.

Sounds like the exhaust is hanging ok but the bumper has been cut slightly off?

Got a pic