ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ktec Stealth Supersport... I think?

Clio Mk2 Ph1 172
Hey guys,

I need help! I bought a Ktec Stealth Supersport last week, fitted it last Wednesday and it just doesn't sound right...

I expected it to sound like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7URiUB21WK4

W
hen actually it sounds nothing like it, it just sounds loud and drones, there's no rasp at all.

The invoice for it says " 040/KTR/172/K07 KTR Stealth Exhaust SILENCER for 172" and below it "040/KTR/172/K19 KTR 172 Unsilenced centre section". I'm starting to think I was sent the wrong back box, possibly the silent one? I can't find the part numbers on their website as that was my first idea.

I'm going to call on Monday and ask, but I didn't really want to sound like a fool when I don't really know if I have or not.

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Ben.

MK3 GTI golf 16v
is the center pipe straight or does it have a massive bulge like a small back box halfway down it? thats how you know if its silenced or not

the car in that video sounds loud for just a supersport though

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
By the looks of it you've got the silenced one.

This is Jonff's stealth that he's messed around with :D

Last edited by a moderator:
  Clio Mk2 Ph1 172
Absolutely love that video, 3rd drive by sounds like an F1 car!

With the Super Quiet back box is there a silencer in the backbox? cause if so, then I do think I've been sent the wrong back box.

If that is the case, do you reckon they'd just send me the new backbox then I could send the old one back?

The only reason I bought a new exhaust is cause the old cheap chavvy crap on there before actually snapped off so I'd rather not have to drive around without a back box :/

Cheers.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
It sounds even better in the flesh!!

To be honest you're best giving them a call and asking what you ordered etc, and tell them what you want.

I'm sure you can work something out :)

MK3 GTI golf 16v
interesting question though, if you find out how to distinguish the two exhausts then please let me know mate

i have a ktec exhuast and i dont know which one i have :mad: was about to buy an unsilenced center pipe but if i have the silenced back box then theres no point i guess.

Clio Mk2 Ph1 172
Yeah I'm going to ring them tomorrow as I have it off, just wanted to see if anyone else had a similar issue, bought the ktec to be raspy but a little disappointed it's not!

MK3 GTI golf 16v
let me know how you get on mate, and if theres some way to distinguish the two exhausts from each other

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
iv got a supersport on my 172, sounds how you describe yours sounding, its not raspy either.

Clio Mk2 Ph1 172
Rang them up about an hour ago spoke to a chap called Martin, he said I have been sent the right one, so that stops me worrying, he said it might not sound the same because 1. Youtube are prob's showing decatted exhausts making it sound different 2. Mine hasn't really had time to bed in and coke up yet and 3. the super quiet wouldn't fit into the supersport centre pipe! Hope that helps you Clancy if you have an SS?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Mine didnt sound like that, and if it did i would have got rid of it alot sooner than i did

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
a clio is never going to sound great no matter what exhaust u stick on it tbh. throttle bodies sound great though. i miss my scoob for the exhaust note. :-(

Clio 197
a clio is never going to sound great no matter what exhaust u stick on it tbh. throttle bodies sound great though. i miss my scoob for the exhaust note. :-(

exactly my thoughts - nothing else really compares!

My supersport was really loud when i first got it and was just a NOISE however martin is right in what he is says in that over time - days and mileage the note of the exhaust changes..give it a bit of time

2010 Jetta TDi 140
I fitted my Stealth Supersport today and it is just a droning noise with a bit of a rasp at the top end. I hope it does settle down a bit as my mate in the back seat was nearly deaf by the time we got home! Wouldn't like to have a decat for sure! I might have to buy a silenced centre section!

Clio 197
I fitted my Stealth Supersport today and it is just a droning noise with a bit of a rasp at the top end. I hope it does settle down a bit as my mate in the back seat was nearly deaf by the time we got home! Wouldn't like to have a decat for sure! I might have to buy a silenced centre section!

These were my thoughts initially , it will settle down though and develop a bit more of a rasp