ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

KW non sport coilovers

mk2 ph1 1.4 S
8735be47.jpg

12147bf2.jpg

Guy near me is breaking his 1.2 16v and selling these... Offered me them for £130

So couple questions.
Where could I get a set of c spanners to fit?
And which ones are these? He says he payed over £1000 for them so I'm guessing v2?
Overkill for my 1.4 8v? Lol

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
i believe 8V and 16V have different bolt spacing mate! My mate on this has just bought some rokkor/raceland ones for his 8V and is getting some 16V hubs from clio spares to make them fit! So thats something to check before you get them. I can find out how much my mate got the hubs for if you want

EDIT: It was a ph2 8V just seen you have a ph1 8V. Dont know about the bolt spacing on them. Worth a check though

mk2 ph1 1.4 S
yeah my hubs are 58mm so the same as the 16v hubs on the phase 2 ;)

if i end up going for them dweeb i will give you a shout :) still waiting to hear on some other stuff ;)

lift number 1 @ btm
If they cost over 1k, they should be v2 inox line. Looking at the pictures the rears look to be rusting which would suggest they aren't.
I'd find out exactly what they are before you buy them!

mk2 ph1 1.4 S
found these after a quick google search

http://kleinanzeigen.ebay.de/anzeigen/s-anzeige/kw-gewindefahrwerk-inox-v1-clio-b-c-57-etc/22168551

maybe it is the v1 inox kit after all?
maybe jsut needs a proper clean after being fitted for a few months?

its cash on collection so i can always walk away from the deal if not suitable

LOL at the google translation.... (i use google chrome)

"Hi, I am selling here my KW coilover suspension, which is almost 1 year old. KW yes were particularly impressed with the good mix of fun and horny top roadholding.
Since I change now Renault 19, I therefore make this chassis. "

Last edited:
V1's are still very decent kit. I'm sure they didn't make V2's for the non sport when I had mine, but the KW site says they now do.

Find out the basics like milage/age and make sure all the adjusters are free.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
bite his arm off. If you dont want em, clean them up and bang them on ebay. Money to be made there ;)

mk2 ph1 1.4 S
they were fitted in august last year... car then got vandalised on 2nd jan this year ( apparently ) and he is now breaking the car and took them off the car yesterday just before he sent me those pics

so i would guess they have covered between 4-8k....
he doesny have any C spanners apparently and didnt even know how to measure the bolt spacing so i will try all the adjusters when/if i go to see them

meh a cheap set of coileys do me :p
when i come to sell the car in july i may just whack them on ebay and see what they make then ;)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
C spanners can be got off ebay no problem either. Offer him 120, who cares if they dont fit yours, they will go for more than what you'll pay anyway

mk2 ph1 1.4 S
nah they will fit mine anyways

58mm hubs FTW! however if they dont fit bit of elbow grease and hey presto profit for me ;)