ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

kwik fit.. is this a bum deal

right i was desperate and had no other choice so i put the car into quick fit and it need 2 rear axel somethings, £175 fitting and suplied each, but i got a call today saying they cant get the parts from renaul but they are gonna fit a "really good condition 2nd hand rear axel" now i sorta know the guy i dealt with and hes really sound but does this seem a bit wierd to you?

i also said to them well my cars lowered so wont that reset the ride height and they said theyd re do it. im just a little bit suspisious.

Would help if you knew what the car needed.

Second hand stuff is ok, but bear in mind it will go alot sooner than new stuff, and if they only need to replace 2 parts, why are they then replacing the whole rear beam?

im not really sure what the parts are but suffice to say every suspension part barring the aftermarket stuff thats on is shagged, mainly due to some B road thrashes and the site roads in edinburgh.

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by m4rk on 13 April 2005

right i was desperate and had no other choice so i put the car into quick fit and it need 2 rear axel somethings, £175 fitting and suplied each, but i got a call today saying they cant get the parts from renaul but they are gonna fit a "really good condition 2nd hand rear axel" now i sorta know the guy i dealt with and hes really sound but does this seem a bit wierd to you?

i also said to them well my cars lowered so wont that reset the ride height and they said theyd re do it. im just a little bit suspisious.
rear stub axles??? £30 each from renault + 1 hr DIY job (very easy)

mk1 RT

wot kwik fit did u take it to cos they are not suppost to do this sort of work and are only suppost to fit new parts only also they r not allowed to touch lowered cars for any thing except tyres

(insider knowledge as unlucky for me i work for them)

i had no chioce, mot ran out on the day i got back from holiday and had an essasy to do the next day so i couldnt take the car home to a garage i know.