ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Kwik Fit suck the big one...

I got out of work early yesterday and thought I would drop into Kwik Fit on the way home to get my Ktec decat fitted to my 19 valver.

No customers there so I thought this will only take 10 mins.

Well it would have had the fat, pube-faced teenager behind the counter agreed to fit it.

"no no no. We dont fit anything that we dont sell"

Had a big arguement but to no avail. The fing greasemonkeys were just sat about doing nothing anyway.

He then went off on one about how many companies Kwik Fit now own????? WTF!!!??

Sorry but they are a bunch of t**sers. Their motto is "Our aim is 100% customer delight"

In that case stack up a set of tyres and burn the d1ck weed behind the front desk on them. I would be delighted.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Not suprised really though are you.. even I knew they wouldnt fit parts they dont sell, one they dont want to take the risk of damage to your car and two they dont make as much profit.

Just go to a back street garage and get it fitted there.

Embarrassed to say

Yeah they are charging £20 to put the rears on the front/ and fronts on the rear. Dont have a spare in the cup so not sure i can do it myself.

Thought about doing this because going to buy 4 new goodyears when the contis go, and thus get more life out of the contis beforehand.

Quote: Originally posted by cupsportmad on 15 January 2004

Yeah they are charging £20 to put the rears on the front/ and fronts on the rear. Dont have a spare in the cup so not sure i can do it myself.

Thought about doing this because going to buy 4 new goodyears when the contis go, and thus get more life out of the contis beforehand. <SCRIPT language=javascript>
This is real easy as you can jack the whole side of the car up from the front, I did this to swap my fronts with rears.

skoda and audi

I went to kwik-fit for a oil change and took my own renault oil filter and they had no problem fitting it and it cost £30 for mobil one not bad realy.

ex Clio 172 owner :(

Thats good! I bought some decent oil, and took it to my usual garage who charged me £25 to supply the filter and change the oil. Therefore cost me £40.

My same usual garage wanted £160 for 2 tyres, fitted, balanced and tracking checked. A tyre shop charged £103. Pays ye to shop around. Wonder how much I over soent going to the usual place with all the bother I had with my RT.

Skoda Fabia vRS

true story

when i had the fiesta i lent, it got a puncture, now i had 4 tyres of the exact same size at the side of the shed in back yard....only on Renault steelies which dont fit Fords....

while i was workin my dad said hed take one of the wheels to kwik fit an get em to swap the tyre over...

he went and they wouldnt.....

ended up gettin a neighbour to do it at a garage he sometimes works at

a week or 2 later the exact same thing happened, different wheel, i took it to kwik fit on the off chance id get someone to do it cash in hand, and they were the only place around to be open on Sundays, so i had no choice

they did it.......£5 cash, even got a receipt

there was no difference in circumstances, maybe i went when the boss wasnt in i dont know

Thats the exact thing that pisses me off. I was in there about a month back and some Burberry wearing plank with a NOVA SRI(!) came in and asked the manager if they could fit a peco backbox he had bought.

"Sure no problem mate"

I think it was because I was in a suit. They probably thought I was from head office doing an undercover mystery shop or something :)