ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Kwik Fit - Yay or Nay?

BMW bus
Right, it would appear I have got a hole somewhere in my exhaust as my car currently sounds like its giving its best impression of a Dodge Viper. Needless to say this is quite embarassing, and is doing my head in. Being a lazy b@stard, and also not wanting to shell out oodles of cash to the robbing gits at Renault, i'm thinking of popping along to my local Kwik Fit after work and getting them to sort it.
I havent had much dealings with Kwik Fit bar getting an MOT there a while back. They seemed like decent guys tbh, but i've also heard a few horror stories over the years.
So, does anyone have an opinion on them? Are they generally thought of as being okay, or are they a bunch of chimps with airguns?
Any feedback would be gratefully received - cheers!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
they fixed my exhaust on my old 1.1 fezzy. tbf they were quite good and their prices aren't as bad as people may think!

RB 200 Cup!
seems people have had good and extremely bad experiences with em - sure its the same with most compnaies

BMW bus
seems people have had good and extremely bad experiences with em - sure its the same with most compnaies

Yeah thats what I was thinking, I guess they're all going to be different really, depends on the staff at the branch I spose

clio cup172
Id want to watch what they are doing at every turn mate! Its not the company but under trained people who dont care. Just be carefull

clio 172 cup
when i went to kwik fit they said they cant get there hands on any 2.0 clio exhausts? then i ordered 2 new pirelli tyres and they put continenial on. ive always used ATS from now on

BMW bus
Allrighty then, looks like I'll be swerving Kwik Fit.

So.........anyone got any horror stories about ATS!?

Get your local exhaust dude to have a look at it. If you need a new one, get a ss one from places mentioned on here.

Turbos.
Most local indepedents can sort it out for you, problem with these changes is their higher labour rates. I would say a Powerflow/Top Gear dealer might be an option too.

as you say - depends upon the staff at whichever outfit you take it to. also depends upon what's up with it; you can fix most things if you put the effort into it but they may be more inclined to suggest you need a new box if, for example, it's leaking from a corroded pipe weld - etc

fabia vrs
IM NERVER GO THERE AGAIN !!!!! took 2 hours 20 mins to change 2 tyres that was loose !!! i could have done it myself quicker !!! so depends how much time you have got on your hands

BMW bus
Seems like the general opinion is not so good then! I think I'll go elsewhere, as i said, the main issue is i'm not sure exactly what part of the exhaust is knackered so i just wanna get it up on a ramp.

In dreamworld they'll go "yeah mate, its just a bit loose on one of the joins, we can sort that out for £4.50" and I'll be on my merry way:)

172 FF
I don't think I've ever had any bad dealings with kwikfit, although it depends who is working at the ones where you live. If they are apprentices, or someone who doesn't give a toss about what's he's doing then it can be bad news. This is the same for any garage though.
Best bet is to ask people you know, or people on the forum, who live near you & have had their cars in at local garages & see what they say.

C

Clio1.6Rxe

IM NERVER GO THERE AGAIN !!!!! took 2 hours 20 mins to change 2 tyres that was loose !!! i could have done it myself quicker !!! so depends how much time you have got on your hands
hahaha unlucky there m8. it takes me an hour 2 change 4:star::evil:

BMW F31
Seems like the general opinion is not so good then! I think I'll go elsewhere, as i said, the main issue is i'm not sure exactly what part of the exhaust is knackered so i just wanna get it up on a ramp.

In dreamworld they'll go "yeah mate, its just a bit loose on one of the joins, we can sort that out for £4.50" and I'll be on my merry way:)

which Kwik Fit were you going to go to?

i've had the one in uckfield do a little bit of work on mine before, laser tracking etc and they were really good.

also eases my feelings about going in there, as the manager has a meg 225 cup. ;)

BMW bus
I was thinking of nipping into the one in Worthing on my way home, but after all the negative feedback I'm having second thoughts!

To be fair, i realise that the quality of their work will vary from garage to garage but the general consensus seems to be quite negative so I think I'll just take it to ATS instead, get them to put it up on the ramps and check it out and go from there really

any of them will likely just let you turn up and put it up on a ramp - would allow you to let them show you where it's blowing from. most will probably try and sell you a new exhuast section but you can just say you need to think about it and then nip off.

it used to be that you couldn't buy pattern RS exhausts (Renault only) - not sure if they're now available though - ?

BMW bus
any of them will likely just let you turn up and put it up on a ramp - would allow you to let them show you where it's blowing from. most will probably try and sell you a new exhuast section but you can just say you need to think about it and then nip off.

it used to be that you couldn't buy pattern RS exhausts (Renault only) - not sure if they're now available though - ?

Exactly my plan

Renault Clio 172 Ph2
right - i can talk on this one

if you want default sound, do not buy the 172 kwik fit system. the guy i got my 172 off brought one, i have the recepit, its 2 months old and its pretty aftermarket noisey. so much so, im going to spend my own money on a gen renault system next week. it sounds kinda like a stainless aftermarket one should, not stupidly loud by any means, but im ageing on a bit now and find it annoying

i dont like the noise, its a boomyish noise, especially wen car warms up!

i wouldnt mind so much if it was a performance exhaust, but it isnt! fit is s**t even between the pipes.

i may have been unlucky, but i raided this forum for info and found a few ppl complaining about noise of it.

your welcome to buy my kwik fit system for 120 quid, its only done 2k miles!!

polo, here for lols
i have used them in the past but have found local garages to be cheaper, better quality of service and a better job done. also u cant get a free cup of tea at kwik fit. and they cant even spell quick so that has gotta make you wonder lol

RS Clio 172 Ph1
They used to be okay but are awful now. My last 3 visits were

1:( One Saturday for a front pipe to be fitted on my old Celica which they sheared the nuts off and the car had to stay until the Monday.

2:( Popped in to get a couple of Wiper blades fitted they broke the clip and I had to order the new part from Toyota and give them the bill.

3:( Two new front tyres on my Clio which they couldn't balance, went to four Kwik-fits around Bristol to try and get them balanced. In the end went to Protyre who balanced them in 10 mins!

Cowboy outfit in my experience. I'll never go there again.

White clique
they told me they couldnt get brake pads for a 182 when it was about 18 months old at the time as they "werent made yet", and also about 12 years ago left the oil cap off the top of my Uno Turbo after an oil and filter change, so i'll never be using them again.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Shame you arent up here i know most of the lads that work in mine through a friend, tiz amazing what a wee bung here and there will do;)

check the seal between your cat and exhaust...nearest the engine...

the wee spring things that hold both sections snug together...

i bet they have worn...and this is where it is blowing from...

just need new connectors...or a dirty big diy job

rsc

renaultsport clio 182 cup
nay
my boss took his renault 1.4 rt in for a new xhaust as had 2 holes in he got a quote a week before of £90 then took car in to have it done and the bloke tried to charge him £174 inc vat when he told them that he was quoted £90 they charged him that

wanting a 225or197
I went into the Worthing kwik fit last month with the hope of getting my air con regassed, there was a big sign out side, but after 10 mins of searching the guy came back to the counter saying they didnt have the machine at the moment.... maybe he just couldnt be arsed to do it..

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
My local one is s**t, I went for a quote for some new tyres and they wanted silly money

G

Goatboy1

Some are good, some are bad. It really depend on the people when you get there!

If you need a new one, get a ss one from places mentioned on here.

Oh, please do tell where :) I've got a hole, popped into a dealers yesterday, and he said I had to buy the entire back-box with the s-shaped pipe before it. £45! I'd rather buy a whole ss system if I'm gonna have to spend money!