ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lack of low end torque

172 cup
The car is a 172 cup with performance airbox (carbon something or other) and powerflow exhaust
When I pull off in 1st gear, the car bogs down a bit, feels like a lack of torque at low revs... the only way to pull off without the kangaroo type effect is to rev it to 3k or so and keep the revs up as the clutch engages, but I hate doing that as the car is quite noisy.

Is it likely to be the airbox or the exhaust that is effecting the low end like this?

I don't particularly want to spend more money as its just a run around really, but I wondered if it should be remapped? I am assuming the previous owner didn't do this when the noise mods went on originally.

cheers

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
*Billericay frieeeeeeend!*

There will be very limited torque at low revs dude...

What air box is on there ?!

Only way I found to free my old Ph1 up was the matched inlets. Pulled like a train from 1500RPM>Rev.limiter.

Before that, as my Ph2 does, it doesn't do much below 3k, struggles to do much before 5k then moves OK above there.

Rob

Listerine & Poledo
nah,the idle is noticeably worse when cold.

keep it full of 98+ RON fuel and that helps take the edge off.

172 cup
Car had belts done about 10k ago
The airbox is a carbon something or other it might be dmc can't remember
I will reply to you pm rob :)
Don't think it's the clutch
It seems a bit better when warm

Stripped yozza'd cup
The intake you have.... BMC CDA by any chance? That's one of the better intakes for the RS clio.

172 cup
Yeah that's it. It's quite an expensive one.

So what is next steps should I be getting a remap or does the cam timing need physical belt changes?