ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lancer Evolution Appreciation Thread

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
That makes me feel better, cheers :smiley: lol.

A lot of people seem to warp the fronts so I think it's a worthy investment especially if running mroe power. Plus being able to stop is somewhat important :smiley:.

The full K Sport kit is only a little more upfront, but I'd rather retain the stock calipers.
K sport is junk, same as Wilwoods. you get what you pay for. Alcons, Brembo or AP for me.

My pads came out at £350 for the set. [emoji33][emoji33]

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Did the car come with the two piece Adam? How much did you pay if not if don't mind me asking? Are you running just fronts or rears too?

Just bought a set of refurbished/sealed rear Brembos for £180

Yeah the car came with them, but I’m no stranger to Brembo judder from my old man’s Evo days.

He used to kill a set of discs every track day until he went AP front and rear.

I would steer clear of cheaper BBKs, AP/Alcon only tbh.

But, until I can afford BBK the girodisc seems a very good alternative. I’ve only got them on the front, the rears don’t get the same kind of abuse. I’ve got them paired with XP8 pads, which are dusty as but very good bite.

Evo 5 RS
Yeah the brakes are a real weak point on these cars. Thinking two piece up front is the only way to go, even on a road car.

MTEC two piece are silly cheap at £350 but like Scott says you get what you pay for.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
I thought 4-9 Brembos were 4 pots up front?

Anyways, I went to Auto Torque's open morning this morning:

auto-torque-open-day-3
by Adam Lister, on Flickr

auto-torque-open-day-2

auto-torque-open-day-8

auto-torque-open-day-15

auto-torque-open-day-14

auto-torque-open-day-22

Album: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmgtCAHK

Ace pics, almost went to this actually. If I knew you'd be going I may have made the effort! Had other arrangements with thee Mrs

Yeah they're four pots, not six you're right. I spoke to Godspeed yesterday - he basically said flat out to me that he strongly believed 2 piece setups aren't worth it on a road car. Going to try a pagid combination and see how I get on.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Ace pics, almost went to this actually. If I knew you'd be going I may have made the effort! Had other arrangements with thee Mrs

Yeah they're four pots, not six you're right. I spoke to Godspeed yesterday - he basically said flat out to me that he strongly believed 2 piece setups aren't worth it on a road car. Going to try a pagid combination and see how I get on.

A couple of triple figure stops and they’ll be juddering again if they’re plain discs imo.

Yeah my Evo didn’t make it to AT, went up in my brothers Integra as mine was having some exhaust work done...

b0b01b0436775fd85f1a74b29a01318a.jpg

e2e1692b2acce33f958c8dcb1021c69b.jpg

I’ve gone for function over form!

Megane 250
A couple of triple figure stops and they’ll be juddering again if they’re plain discs imo.

Yeah my Evo didn’t make it to AT, went up in my brothers Integra as mine was having some exhaust work done...

b0b01b0436775fd85f1a74b29a01318a.jpg

e2e1692b2acce33f958c8dcb1021c69b.jpg

I’ve gone for function over form!

Seen this on instagram, first time I’ve seen a removable “tip” for an exhaust. It’s a great idea!

Car looks amazing, any videos of the sound with the new system?

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Seen this on instagram, first time I’ve seen a removable “tip” for an exhaust. It’s a great idea!

Car looks amazing, any videos of the sound with the new system?

Nothing yet, on my instagram there’s a ‘before’ video from the pit lane of Donington. The system I had only had one silencer that had no packing left in it, no wonder I was having chats with noise Marshalls all the time!

The fabricator Turn12 looked at me funny when I said what I wanted [emoji23]

Evo 5 RS
Godspeed discs are here. They look very good quality for the price, but use will tell the story!

Still waiting for the calipers. Addiction Motorsport called to say they didn't have the pistons for the front yet but should have them by Friday.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Godspeed discs are here. They look very good quality for the price, but use will tell the story!

Still waiting for the calipers. Addiction Motorsport called to say they didn't have the pistons for the front yet but should have them by Friday.
That's who supplied my Brembo high temp stickers.

Evo 5 RS
After sorting the brakes and fitting new calipers, (hopefully next week with service) I'm thinking of booking in at Auto Torque for underside inspection. Nothing really warrants concern but really thinking the money I'm putting in the car it's worth it long term.

What I may do, however, is get some good use out of it this Summer and set some money aside for it next year. Rather than jumping in.

Evo 5 RS
The rear calipers I purchased from AA Core Supplies on Ebay have yet to be dispatched to me and they've added an APC tracking number that doesn't work. Messaged them yesterday but haven't responded, and also tried calling twice and left a voicemail. Doesn't bode very well, I did think they were quite cheap for recons.

Spoke to Addiction Motorsport and he's said he can do me a rear set for £490.

Evo 5 RS
brakes bedding in nicely, starting to work 'proper' so hopefully will feel a lot more confident when pressing on.

Really happy with how the car is now from 12 months ago but still things I want to do.

IMG_0335.JPG
IMG_0335.JPG

I came across a random ad for Mak on eBay the other day, the dude it was a 2.3 litre stroker engine and about 620 bhpeez. It must be bloody crazy!!?

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
I came across a random ad for Mak on eBay the other day, the dude it was a 2.3 litre stroker engine and about 620 bhpeez. It must be bloody crazy!![emoji41]

I’d like more power, every one would.

But there is a limit to what you can use on the street.

I swear sometimes mine feels too much for the road. 600bhp and 1200-1300kg must be mental.

Evo 5 RS

I swear sometimes mine feels too much for the road. 600bhp and 1200-1300kg must be mental.

I've asked Bob if he could take me out in his 600bhp one next time I'm there. 1.8 bar, and more to come. Engine is good for 1khp

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member

I've asked Bob if he could take me out in his 600bhp one next time I'm there. 1.8 bar, and more to come. Engine is good for 1khp

Yeah his is a weapon, I was a garage neighbour to him at Brands last year. He was doing 58s and I was dipping 56s l, with half the power. Because driving hero and all that s**t. [emoji23]

Evo 5 RS
Yeah not really the circuit for big power, either lol. He was there Monday. Bet that was interesting with the rain. Are you going Jap fest?

Cheeky bum shot from earlier

FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender[1].jpg