ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Laptop Wont Boot up

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Having problems with my Laptop booting up.
Once power turned on & after a minute or 2 i get this blue screen come up.
20181007_181333.jpg

Not great with PC's,Laptops etc so i have no idea on why its doing this,it then goes into restart on its own and just seems to be a blank screen.
Its running Windows 8 if thats any help,Thanks

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Bugger.... that looks like the hard drive is failing or has become corrupted :(

Have any changes been made to it recently?

If you have the windows install disks and can boot from them or it’s able to boot into the repair mode (often hitting f11 while it’s starting up will get you there) then it should be possible to do a disk check.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Nope not done anything to it lately at all,when i was using it.It just became slow and wouldn't respond.

I dont have the Disk and tried the F8 button on start up but no safe mode has come up.
It says its recovering after the blue screen comes on ans restarts,so you think the F11 button will do the safe mode?.
Im just worried about losing all music and photos. @charltjr

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Have you tried booting into safe mode via F8 on boot?

If so then take the battery out, all USB items etc and then hold down the power button for 30 seconds. This will just drain any static/residual power from the cmos and clear any s**t.

Try booting it up afterwards and post what you get, better to start off stupid than assume something is broken off the bat

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Have you tried booting into safe mode via F8 on boot?

If so then take the battery out, all USB items etc and then hold down the power button for 30 seconds. This will just drain any static/residual power from the cmos and clear any s**t.

Try booting it up afterwards and post what you get, better to start off stupid than assume something is broken off the bat

I use it without the batt in mate & have taken all USB devices out,also tried the F8 button but nothing.Unless im doing that bit wrong?,do you hold it down or just continuously keep pushing it?

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
I use it without the batt in mate & have taken all USB devices out,also tried the F8 button but nothing.Unless im doing that bit wrong?,do you hold it down or just continuously keep pushing it?

Yeah just hold it down for 30-45 seconds. If that doesn’t work then F12 on boot will show you what bootable devices you have and if they’re degraded/failed etc

If F8 doesn’t work try F11 as some HP stuff likes F11 instead of F8 for some reason haha

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
No worries mate, just let me know how you get on.

Really annoying is windows, doesn’t specifically tell you when something is wrong. It just stops working[emoji23]

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
No worries mate, just let me know how you get on.

Really annoying is windows, doesn’t specifically tell you when something is wrong. It just stops working[emoji23]

No luck with the F button mate,just goes straight to the blue screen then tells me going to restart and may take over an hour to fix.But it seems to still just be repeating itself,diagnosing Your PC blah blah.Prob have to take it into to get looked at

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Ive tried restore,that wont work at all and also repair first,not much luck.Atleast progress to this menu screen,may have to reset it?,but then i will lose photos and music? @dCi_rep

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Buy a cheap ssd and a hdd caddy, swap the drive and reinstall windows, then stick your old drive in the caddy and recover your files. Easiest way imo if you want you files.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Or... if you have access to another computer download the latest Hiren’s boot disc, create a bootable usb, boot to that, recover your files and then choose the reset pc option to restore it

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
I suggested easy things to try and remedy this. As above you could install a new OS such as Knoppix, recover and away you go

But if you’re unfamiliar with something then it’s useless. Personally I’d just pull the disk, stick a new one in then rebuild fresh then caddy it.

But then again I wouldn’t have used windows to start with[emoji102][emoji23]

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry, was really busy yesterday so didn’t get a chance to reply. Try going to the command prompt option and then type this:

Chkdsk /f c:

That will scan the disk and try to fix errors. Will probably take a while. May not work as it sounds like the system may have already been trying to do it, but at least this will give you a clear indication. Snap a picture of the results and post it up.

F8 on boot doesn’t usually work with windows 8, but all it would have done is got you to where you are now.

Worst comes to worst you’ll need to buy an external disk and copy your files over to it and then replace the drive in the laptop - it’s genuinely not difficult to do, but if you can’t be arsed with the hassle taking it in to a repair place would certainly be the easier option. Let’s see how the disk check goes first.