ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Latest on my Saab - now running 300hp 390lbft (pic+vid)

Leon Cupra 300
It's the 2.8T V6... identical to the Vectra VXR right down to the engine code.

I fancied a VXR but just can't get on with the way they look! So this is perfect...

No issues with the engine taking this sort of power, they're pretty bulletproof. Next step is to add a Insignia VXR turbo as it's slightly bigger. Bolts straight on and iirc they're only around £700 from Vauxhall... I'd put one on if this one blows. With a decat downpipe and a some mapping to suit you'll then see around 340hp but with 460lbft! LOL - if you're using it a lot you may need to do something with the clutch. Anything above that needs bigger injectors. Bigger better flowing injectors would see a bit more power (maybe 10hp) with that turbo. Hybrid that turbo and you're easily into 400+hp and 550lbft.

The bulkhead cracking issues were only an issue on the older model 9-3 that was a hatchback.

Regarding tax, any car registered 23/3/06 or after is in arse rape group. This is 3/3/06 so in by 20 days and it's still an 06... Not many about on 06 and cheap tax.

All service parts, brakes, clutch, oil filters, plugs etc etc are all Vauxhall/GM/Saab parts, they're all interchangeable. So don't have to pay daft Saab prices.

I'd really reccommend one. I've thought about getting rid of this but i don't think i'd be able to cope with anything slower.

Fuel - averages 26/27mph, better than my old ST220, about the same as E46 330 auto.

Turbos.
I think they are very, very handsome cars. Great stealth purchase... but not sure about going further with FWD! Spose it will be funny raping Beemers on the motorway though...

Leon Cupra 300
Insurance is £600 for me, map declared.. Not bad i think. That's with my lass on it too (25)

The best thing about it is raping 'fast' cars. It would take something pretty quick to show it a clean pair of heels in a straight line.

Golf 7R
Something different from the norm, combine that with the fact it looks nice and goes like stink, I think you're on to a winner.

Last edited:

n2x

e60/f10
I love the looks of saab 9-3s. Maybe looking to swap my flamer for it too. How big is it compared to a 3rd series for example because im a big bloke (6ft5)

Boost for the win!

Last edited by a moderator:
  Leon Cupra 300
No common issues with the 2.8 engine.. So just check things common to all 9-3's, which ammounts to broken coil springs and check all electrics.

Buy mine if you want !