ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Laughable Clio 172 in S’land

Alfa Mito 155TB

Tonight I was on the hoy around Sunderland, Tyne and Wear...In Vine Place there was a very light pea green type Clio...He had the 172 badges on the side at a none Ktec etc exhaust. Big Big alloys, the wrong seats and no washer balls on the front headlights....He had the 172 type body kit with bumpers...but he was a 1.6 16 V clio.

I would of been happy with a 16v clio looking this good, but why try and blagg the car as a 172?

Tomorrow I will loook for him in my 172 to show him the way home....there is no need to be a pretender....

What do you think?

why embarrass yourself?? (from his point of view)

if the car is a 1.6, badge it as a 1.6

i know a lot of saxo drivers that badge up their westies and vtrs to be vtss

seems a pointless exercise to me

Alfa Mito 155TB

Tomorrow I will look for him, the green cotton air filter will be going in and optimax.....its silly his false portrial, because it was a beautiful car with the mods....but i dont believe you should hype any car beyond its power capabiliites...if a saxo beats him then the saxo driver will brag he toasted a 172

Like everyone on here, we know our clios even in my 172 I am wary of willys because some of them are well maintained and could toast me on the open straights...because alot of them are so well tuned !!

This guy is heading for a fall tomorrow when i find him...i will take digi photos and post them. lol

Elise/VX220/R26

Agreed, I was gonna de badge the 172 till I founf out the badges have little bits that stick through the bodywork. I think it just tidies the back end up a bit.

tumble weed r u from sland m8.. wher did u c this clio ,, in the town centre, it didnt have stickers all over it a double exhausts on it ??

Alfa Mito 155TB

CR172... No it didnt have stickers all over it....it was a metallic light green thing and a single 2 1/2 inch pipe on the back, 17/18 inch wheels and 60 mm springs on it.... It didnt have the washer balls on it either...but clearly had 172 badges on it.

yeah puttin badges on your car that are better than your car is a bad idea.

a little while ago i had the misfortune of having to drive a metro turbo. anyways i pulled up at a local set of traffic lights and some chump pulled up in the right lane in his renault 5 gt turbo LOOK-A-LIKE. needless to say he tried to blaze it away from me but i absolutely killed his campus in disguise. the look on his face was priceless. imagine bein beaten by such a crapper as a metro turbo with the door handles hangin off. lol