ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Le Mans 2013

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
I've got some epic burnout videos too. I'll put them on'tube later but will also bodge together something resembling a 'trip film' this week..

Couzens, is there anywhere (not whatsapp..) that Failsport are going to put their photos to share them as i took no photos, just videos...

A shared Dropbox?

Panda.

ClioSport Club Member
  850 T5
A truly proud moment.

1044977_153521891501226_307389403_n.jpg

Now Sold :-(
A superb weekend once again.

A few photos from the circuit and the PH Friday service.

DSC_6013_zps4c663c3c.jpg
DSC_6034_zps04b602c8.jpg
DSC_6016_zps0181b5b9.jpg
DSC_6007_zpse3330462.jpg
DSC_6009_zps5b8ed1c2.jpg
DSC_6011_zpsd6cec3b0.jpg
DSC_6075_zpsde722ca9.jpg
DSC_6090_zps37094852.jpg
DSC_6084_zps8b5348b9.jpg
DSC_5953_zps015e5570.jpg
DSC_5999_zps8b94bb5c.jpg
DSC_6149_zps234858c2.jpg
DSC_6182_zps377c7823.jpg

This was certainly a tactic employed by the police this year. The helicopter visited the camp at least twice per day completing a slow fly over making it clear they were filming cars/people.

DSC_6207_zps05e39e69.jpg

And finally we were lucky enough to be set up next to the parents of Oliver Jarvis who stopped off after the race before heading off to celebrate his podium finish. Nice guy who was happy to chat and sign flags/programs etc.

DSC_6246_zps5548bd99.jpg

Panda.

ClioSport Club Member
  850 T5
oh you're the guy that came and took my picture. was really confused when I looked up and there was a lens pointed at me!! nice picture that ;)

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
looks epic
did anyone have a drive round after the race? see the tribute to simmo?

Petrol Blue 182.
Markkram, I saw your inferno parked up at Indy on Sunday eve when I was out for a little drive. Looked great!

Panda.

ClioSport Club Member
  850 T5
looks epic
did anyone have a drive round after the race? see the tribute to simmo?

Properly makes you think/gives shivers as you drive past the little shrine/tribute area. Big shock considering todays' safety standards.

Now Sold :-(
oh you're the guy that came and took my picture. was really confused when I looked up and there was a lens pointed at me!! nice picture that ;)

You spent the whole weekend in a slightly soiled panda suit and I was the only person to point a camera at you?

At least your initial confusion turned into a smile before I opened the shutter:cool:

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
Awesome weekend!!

LeMans-2_zpsfc51a80b.jpg

Ive just had to wash the "fail sport loves you" off the car after the 600 mile drive with it on yesterday haha, got some funny looks

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Great weekend.

Failsport guys were awesome company.

Slightly gutted we left a bit early, but there was a high chance we were about to be battered by about 20 French guys.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
It's made out to be much worse than it is. And in truth, you can drive different routes around to avoid the 'hotspots'. Just needs some common sense.

Oh, and if you act crazier than them, they soon stfu.

Lol at Dom. Was chuckling at the 'sit down' moment when we were watching the race :eek:

350z GT
100% not going to Le Mans after reading about the fighting and this:http://www.autocar.co.uk/blogs/motorsport/le-mans-and-unwelcome-mob-mentality

Slightly exaggerating in his story telling I feel.

Never had any trouble in the 24 times I have been there. Yes the crowds do gather but I have never seen anyone damage a car apart from once (French local) which was an accident and the person responsible immediately coughed up money to the owner and apologised. and its quite easy to get out of those situations without having to do burnouts.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Basically, these French guys were booting a football about and it hit one of the cars. So one of our guys popped the ball with some bbq fork things and booted it over the fence and gave them the finger. They all left, but some walked off so they must have lived local. They gave us a look of 'we'll be back', so thought they might come back in the night with 'le boys' and smash all the cars up.

Panda.

ClioSport Club Member
  850 T5
Yeah that article is OTT. Theres loads of ways you can get to the campsites to avoid mad friday.. we nipped to town that evening and just horned our way through the crowds.. when we came back people got out of the way.. probably because we'd just bought a bow-saw (firewood ftw) and a slightly intoxicated panda was sat in the front seat, wielding said saw, offering to amputate people for free. Yes we got stickers, but we didn't give a sh*t because 1. the car was a shed anyway and 2. Pretty sure they peel off... so cry me a river.

and Cub. flol and telling those french people to SIT like a dog.

100% not going to Le Mans after reading about the fighting and this:http://www.autocar.co.uk/blogs/motorsport/le-mans-and-unwelcome-mob-mentality

Wouldn't worry about either tbh, fighting never happens and just don't drive your car on 'Mad Friday'. TBF this year there was a load of c***s in the normal mad Friday locations, we got caught in one on Friday after popping to Carrefour. Problem is alcohol mainly, half the people wouldn't be as aggressive if they hadn't had a skin full.

350z GT
Yeah that article is OTT. Theres loads of ways you can get to the campsites to avoid mad friday.. we nipped to town that evening and just horned our way through the crowds.. when we came back people got out of the way.. probably because we'd just bought a bow-saw (firewood ftw) and a slightly intoxicated panda was sat in the front seat, wielding said saw, offering to amputate people for free. Yes we got stickers, but we didn't give a sh*t because 1. the car was a shed anyway and 2. Pretty sure they peel off... so cry me a river.

and Cub. flol and telling those french people to SIT like a dog.

Were you on the camping bleu site opposite maison blanche?

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
what a load of utter crap!! that article has actually made me angry, drive through mad friday and you'll drive through a bucket load of drunk car enthusiasts. Ive never ever seen a car damaged and the team baguette guys (the sticker) are a great bunch. The burnout chants are all in good humour. and if you don't want to do one then don't. But don't drive though mad friday and moan about it!

I had to go to an offsite centre to pick up some passes friday morning, do some food shopping and get fuel. I was back by 2pm to ensure i was beck before the crowds hit the street.

​Sensationalist writing.

330i. E30 Touring.
Journalist in blowing things out of all proportion shocker.

Of course he's going to be writing like that.

I took Ryan's V6 out for a drive and had similar treatment- a few revs satisfies the crowd enough if you're not comfortable with lighting them up.

No fighting ever happens- unless you go looking for it obviously.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

That type of thing is simply avoided by using your common sense. Driving anywhere near what i call the 'council estate of campsites' i.e. Bleu Nord/Sud on Friday afternoon is asking for trouble, it would be like going for a nice Sunday drive through Syria.

We stay in Houx, & yes, there is some silliness, but there is also some exceedingly expensive metal parked on site, which comes to no harm whatsoever. Its within the confines of the circuit though, so you simply cant get it without a General admission ticket and if in a car, a vehicle pass.

AG 200 cup
Might of been a bit over the top popping their ball looking back now but I was shattered and pissed off with them and there stupid hats. Anyway houx next year to show the south how it's done.

330i. E30 Touring.
Talk is cheap.

We've heard for a couple of years now how you do it properly and you've never made it to Monday morning.

Petrol Blue 182.
Might of been a bit over the top popping their ball looking back now but I was shattered and pissed off with them and there stupid hats. Anyway houx next year to show the south how it's done.

2 things with this post. A. lol at silly hats. B. Showing up the south will never be achieved.