ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Le Mans 2013

Talk is cheap.

We've heard for a couple of years now how you do it properly and you've never made it to Monday morning.

lol, last year was the only time ive left on a sunday, id have been arrested otherwise after what i was about to do to some little prick. this year i lef...

oh.

Phase 1 172, boxster
The only thing that came close to 'mob mentality' was when one of these blokes tried to stop an Elise to do a burnout and the Elise driver simply drove into him causing him to fall on the front clam and punch the windscreen in anger lol

Epic trip again from the failsport boys! Thanks to Dave for organising it all :)

Now Sold :-(
100% not going to Le Mans after reading about the fighting and this:http://www.autocar.co.uk/blogs/motorsport/le-mans-and-unwelcome-mob-mentality

So a reporter who is driving a £142,000 car that belongs to someone else craps his pants because there are a few dozen people getting a bit close to the car. The fact the car had no damage at all would indicate what many have said already. He is massively exaggerating the situation. Having experienced the joy of 'Mad Friday' on a few occasions now it's easily dealt with. Windows up, give it few thousands revs then drive slowly away. The crowd may boo and jeer but the worst that will happen is a blast of a super soaker that contains recycled alcohol. :dead:

Last edited:
Well we got back home to Cornwall late last night, slept till nearly 2 today due to being shattered. As a first timer I loved every second of it and won't be back.

Due to how long we spent in the paddock/pit area on Friday, the PH meet was finishing up as we arrived so didn't get chance to meet you guys. Maybe next time.

Learnt so much for next time, Ie arrive earlier in the week and probably leave on the Sunday night. Don't buy a gazebo that cost 14.99 etc

Back to work tomorrow. Gutted.com

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
What an absolutely bloody fantastic weekend that was!!!

Team Anorak's Le Mans debut went extremely well. It's a shame we were a man down from the off but on the plus side the tent was far better than I expected and a special mention must go to Squadron Leader Paul "Gorminator" Gorms for the oh-so-comfy cot-beds, second only to Vish's uber-impressive blow-up, I mean, inflatable mattress.

Good to put names to the faces of Norfbest, looking forward to next year already!

And it was good to meet Ross, Ollie, Vish, Tom & Dom, and catch up with the rest of the Failsport contingent. A big personal thank you, to you all, for making my weekend one I won't forget in a hurry - the tips, guidance, maps, sausages/burgers/lamb, company, late-night tour to Arnage (plus extended sight-seeing return journey), banter & the highlight of my weekend - Black Ops to get up close & personal with the cars at full-chat. Still get goosebumps. Thanks lads.

We picked up some good ideas from you guys, but don't rest on your laurels - we also spotted areas of weakness, and we will exploit those next year!

Here's to CS@LM14 - bigger, better, louder & crazier than before, and only 361 days to go...

Last edited:

Panda.

ClioSport Club Member
  850 T5
It was good wasn't it. Probably the best year so far.

We've got plans next year don't you worry. At least you lot have been given a head start .. Norfbest are still neanderthal by comparison.

I now await Daves write up and finding some time to put a short video together (if anyones got any clips send them to me.. like budgies stairway to heaven etc...)

GTD, Lupo
Lol. I kept seeing him everywhere, in the village and in McD's on Sunday.

We didnt have a clue how McDonalds works in France!

Tim get the pictures up from Saturday night and show the boys and girls how real black ops are done. No climbing fences, just lift them up!

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Did your trainers survive being dried in the fire on Friday Gorms? They were looking a little well done when we left. We we're just sat there laughing as they got blacker and blacker.

GTD, Lupo
Did your trainers survive being dried in the fire on Friday Gorms? They were looking a little well done when we left. We we're just sat there laughing as they got blacker and blacker.

I put them in the washing machine yesterday. The wife was not to happy but they come out pretty good. Soles a little crispy but all good now.

Trophy #382
Had a brilliant weekend, saw all of your cars in houx, and saw the 525 on the firewood trip. The yellow megane sounded awesome too!

Budgie I think we had a chat actually, I was doing a late night kebab run in the audi estate!

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
Properly makes you think/gives shivers as you drive past the little shrine/tribute area. Big shock considering todays' safety standards.

we only saw it when we popped to fuel station and realised we are at that corner. Saw it and pulled over to go and pay our respects.

gutted I didn't have a pen to leave a message :(

Panda.

ClioSport Club Member
  850 T5
errrrm few burnouts of the Trans AM and Mike all in this thread man

Oh iv'e got some of them. NM. The tunnel run with the vette sounds EPIC. I'm going totry and remove as much wind noise as possible from the videos too.