ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Le Mans 2013

Petrol Blue 182.
The Laverstoke Park burger van at the PH meet last year was f**king epic!

Wasn't cheap, but one of the nicest burgers I've had in a long time!

Agree. Nout better sitting with a pint in one hand, epic burger in the other sitting amongst some awsome cars.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
we dont have a fridge, just a freezer box with ice packs.. although f**k knows this year, its not going to fit in the Aston!

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
The Laverstoke Park burger van at the PH meet last year was f**king epic!

Wasn't cheap, but one of the nicest burgers I've had in a long time!

That free pint off you was even better. Remember that guy passed out on the field there at that meet lol

What do the none high rollers do then. Seems everyone takes their own burgers etc but not everyone has a fridge/electricity? Just let them slow cook for 4 days haha.

One of those 12v plug in car fridges, a couple of ice packs in the bottom. Works a treat and keeps things cool for the whole time.

Edit: It's this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000K0I43K/?tag=cliospnet01-21

Usually take burgers, sausages and bacon oh and bread.

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
One of those 12v plug in car fridges, a couple of ice packs in the bottom. Works a treat and keeps things cool for the whole time.

Edit: It's this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000K0I43K/?tag=cliospnet01-21

Usually take burgers, sausages and bacon oh and bread.

Cheers James, been really helpful. If I get myself a place on Bleu Nord then I'll make sure there's room in that cool box for a nice cold beer for you and for Sir_Dave too.
Haven't managed to speak to 'first tickets' today at work but I'll give them a call tomorrow. (might convince the girlfriend to pay some for by birthday present as that's tomorrow too haha)

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers James, been really helpful. If I get myself a place on Bleu Nord then I'll make sure there's room in that cool box for a nice cold beer for you and for Sir_Dave too.
Haven't managed to speak to 'first tickets' today at work but I'll give them a call tomorrow. (might convince the girlfriend to pay some for by birthday present as that's tomorrow too haha)

If you're booking in Bleu Nord with 1st ask Brian to put you near the ClioSport lot, that way we can all keep together.

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
If you're booking in Bleu Nord with 1st ask Brian to put you near the ClioSport lot, that way we can all keep together.

May regret that suggestion mate, you lot may not like me haha. Thanks for the heads up though, will do that tomorrow.

Generally are people going Thursday to Monday and if so can I be extra cheeky and propose I join up with some of you others for the convoy?

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I am mate.
He's an ex RenaultSport owner too, (gone to the dark side now though) Audi!

Just going to be the one passenger unless anything changes before tomorrow morning haha.

Any reason you ask other than Curiosity?

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
That's alright, was just wondering If you were going to inform me of another cost if I had a passenger haha.

The friend I'm going with has been before but he basically just paid another friend who sorted everything so he's just as clueless as me about where to go, what to pay and how to get there.

Petrol Blue 182.
Theres alot of us southerners on the 9am Ferry on thursday, the others tend to get a later crossing.

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
If you book with first tickets is it just an open ticket for the ferry then regarding times of the day. I may jump on a 9am one too and stalk you lot all the way there ha

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
No rush to book the ferry yet. I just looked online and it's £57 with an flexible ticket (that could be useful as we found out last year) I'll probably get ours booked in the next month or so.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Ahh you not bothered booking ferry yet then

Not yet no

No rush to book the ferry yet. I just looked online and it's £57 with an flexible ticket (that could be useful as we found out last year) I'll probably get ours booked in the next month or so.

Heard something about those flexi tickets, might have been on pistonheads, but aparantly they're not that much use as they only allow you to travel earlier/later by an hour or something like that, i'll see if i cant find the post.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
In that case it's only £37 at the minute.

Yeah that's what I saw.

Here's the post off PistonHeads

Hi,

A word of caution...du du du! I booked the Flexi Ticket from P&O Ferries (Dover to Calais) for Le Mans, thinking that if we get to the port earlier, particularly on the way home, this gives us flexibility to get on that ferry with a perceived, no extra cost. Having spoken with P&O, this ticket seems to be a complete waste of time (other than the cancellation benefits). Basically, it's still first come first served at the Port (like every year) and they couldn't confirm if you would be charged extra to get on an earlier ferry, deep joy. The girl on the help desk (she seemed quite fit, which was the only redeeming aspect of the call) then indicated she thought it was a waste of money other than the cancellation charge.

P.S. This is my own personal view, based on an irate call with P&O and my thoughts are an irrational reaction to that, immediately posted on PH :p I except no liability for a change in policy from P&O, however unlikely that might be :p