ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Le Mans 2014

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
May as well start the ball rolling on this. I for one am adamant I will return! Sounds like it could be even better than this year with;

- Webber & Porsche back in the mix
- More CS'ers attending than ever
- More notherners attending, giving us more candidates for abuse....

So who is going, in which vehicles / planned vehicles, and are we planning to sort a CS 'Rang' to prevent Dutch Wristers stealing our pre-booked pitches! :)

PS. Dave - where is the 2013 video report? Pull your finger out ;)

After reading the threads from these, I'm coming! (if that's ok and I can tag along with you guys). I'm actually northern, but live in the south, so unsure who I would sidewith in the failsport vs norfbest battle.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Jeeesus. Bit early no?

This thread can stay open if you post a picture holding a sign that says "xxx days til le mans", then it must be photoshopped and re-posted every day with the correct number of days by an attendee.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
Ill be there again, staying on Houx but moving to the other side.

Cars - not sure, there was talk of a Navara or similar and an MX5, i want to take a couple of pit bikes next year. Wont be taking the Aston again, great experiance especially with the track parade but having that amount of money sat in a field and not wanting to drive through mad friday or be a hoon in general LeMans styleeee

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Jeeesus. Bit early no?

This thread can stay open if you post a picture holding a sign that says "xxx days til le mans", then it must be photoshopped and re-posted every day with the correct number of days by an attendee.

You should come, then you'd realise it is never too early to start the thread for next years! :)

No one wants to see my ugly mug everyday for the next year. Even I struggle with that! ;)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

f**k me. Check out Jimmy Crankee on the right!

I'll be there. Or at least, i'm going to make the most effort possible to be there. Wanted to do it for years. I'll be taking a transit or similar. Fcuk the tents.

Petrol Blue 182.
LOL at Jimmy CrankEE!

Cub, write up was written by moi today, Dave will spell check, add/amed etc on Monday.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
FLOL at Jimmy Crankee. Genuine tears!

Good work colsheface, attendance from you would be a welcome addition. And bring the transit, somewhere private to have a poo :)

Good work Ryan, look forward to reading it.

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
I'll be there, and I quite fancy taking the Trophy, but equally considering something with significantly better load-carrying ability.

Anyone done the Portsmouth-Le Havre or Poole-Caen route? Significantly less driving to be done but more expensive. Is it worth it...?

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I would utterly love to go to LM, unfortunately none of my friends are into it, so I may have to ask to tag along to this next year...?

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
f**k me. Check out Jimmy Crankee on the right!

I'll be there. Or at least, i'm going to make the most effort possible to be there. Wanted to do it for years. I'll be taking a transit or similar. Fcuk the tents.
IF I go... IF... I'll be taking the X5, putting the rear seats flat and putting an inflatable mattress in the back! Probably throw a roof-box on as I don't fancy towing a trailer that far. (Could you imagine the s**t we'd fit in a trailer haha!!

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
We did pretty well in a clio (with roll cage), Megane and BMW 5 series saloon. We had Fridge, Tent for 10, BBQ, 8 x Military Cot beds (epic beds - cheers Paul), food and beer for 5 days, 8 x chairs, table, power cables, cooking equipment (pans), stove and clothes etc.

Trailer would be epic. Best I saw last year for comedy value was a load of lads who towed a Horse box all the way down there and slept in that. It didn't even look like it had been cleaned from having a horse in! Lol.

330i. E30 Touring.
f**k caravan's. take a tent or sleep in the X5.

Towing a caravan there and back at 60mph will be the biggest ballache.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
f**k caravan's. take a tent or sleep in the X5.

Towing a caravan there and back at 60mph will be the biggest ballache.

This. Plus, if you're in a caravan, you wouldn't get the delights of a drunken Budgie trying to feel you up through the tent wall at 3am. It was an experience, trust me.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
If it makes it any better, Danny_172 will be trying to lick my toes in the caravan...

330i. E30 Touring.
This. Plus, if you're in a caravan, you wouldn't get the delights of a drunken Budgie trying to feel you up through the tent wall at 3am. It was an experience, trust me.

Either that, or the 172 bouncing off the limiter 3" from your head. Lol

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
FLOL @ poor!! ;)

Danny, no chance I'm going without the jeep. Back to plan 'A'. Mattress in the back and a roof box.