ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lean mixture

Just a quickie.

I have a 1.4 RT with a Hill Power induction kit, Ashley cat-back exhaust and as from tomorrow an ecotek valve.

My mate said something yesterday that got me thinking. He reckoned that the egine may well be running lean coz of these mods. I reckoned the ECU should be able to compensate and adjust fueling accordingly, but he is a mechanic at Renault and so probably knows what he is talking about.

Can anyone offer me any info on this?

Would fitting an aftermarket chip (ie. Hill Power chip) help this problem?

Cheers

run it for a while then check the plugs or get a colour tune from halfords or get is diagnosed at a garage.
might run lean, can say for sure

BMW 320d Sport

Shouldnt run lean, thats what ECUs, lamda sensors and fuel injection were designed for. So that slight fluctuations in the inlet air volume or temperature wouldnt knock the air/fuel mix off its proper ratio. Plug check is the easiest way to see whats what, but I doubt therell be a problem at all.

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

Yeah it might be running slightly lean because we have a simple single point injection system on our cars.
I am looking to getting a chip soon.
I had mine on the rollers and it was running slightly lean at the top end(zorst, car replacement pipe and induction kit)but a chip will sort that.
I would recommend a chip even if yours isent running lean for a bit more grunt anyway.

steve a

p.s Ben P got my car back now.Goes realy well

Nice one Steve. How much was the damage?

And hows it performing now?

When I got mine back it was like a totally new car, unbelievable.

Im waiting to clear my credit card so I can get back to Hill Power and have a ram scoop and chip fitted.

Only problem is Nick doesnt reckon hell be able to fit me in till late Feb

By the way Im putting together a crappy little web site for mine and other 1.4 Clios.

If its possible some time, I could use a few pics to put up. That is if you want to.

Let me know

Ben

BMW 320d Sport

Lmk when the websites up and running, have some pride in your 1.4! Theyre good motors and email me on nick@cliosport.net Ive got a couple of pictures of some well sorted 1.4s from Europe.

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

Hi Ben
Well the damage was £640.
But it goes so much better now, pulls much better in all gears all the way through to the red line.
Nick said a chip would be a good move on mine. So I might just have to
Good idea about the web site.
Havent got any pics of mine yet but I do have a good collection of clios on my computer.