ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Leda Suspension.

ITB BG 182
Ive been looking at having alot of work done to my car now im off road for a while boo hooo an all that c rap.
But james invader on here has a leda suspension set up with some thing calld black hawk.
No i found the Leda website an found out quiet abit of information minus one thing..... the price.
I want to have adjustable height front an rear plus fully adjustable damping an only found that of leda do.
Any ideas on prices people or what other kits that are fan dabby togo for.

ps if i dont get the suspension sorted ill be phoning Jesus an telling him i have his money for the throttle bodies.

Mk2 172
Ive been looking at having alot of work done to my car now im off road for a while boo hooo an all that c rap.
But james invader on here has a leda suspension set up with some thing calld black hawk.
No i found the Leda website an found out quiet abit of information minus one thing..... the price.
I want to have adjustable height front an rear plus fully adjustable damping an only found that of leda do.

ps if i dont get the suspension sorted ill be phoning Jesus an telling him i have his money for the throttle bodies.

I have the AST coilover suspension on mine and they are height adjustable front and rear, adjustable damping through 14 ways. they are also coilovers on the rear which is a different setup to the standard car and come in at approx £750 quid which is pretty good. i have them on my car and have had for 3 months now and have found them excellent allround including everyday use and on the track due to having that adjustment and have had no problems at all. you can also choose specs and change spring rates according to what you want :)

ITB BG 182
Im looking at some thing that i can change so its a nice ride for when i have to do long journeys with out it feeling every nook an crany in the road but then i would like it to be adjusted so i could drive it on tracks or look as low as the woman you have every wanted.

lift number 1 @ btm
for the money, there won't be much to touch dans ast set imo. they should be very good indeed!

megan R26.R number 006

the suspension you are on about is not a lead coilovers set its the new kit from gdi i have got the kit on my car and i have found it way better than i ever expected it to be as for price you will need to contact Andy from gdi as i don't know the full price of the kit as he has been using my car as a second test bed for the kit.

www.greydevilindustries.com/

Mk2 172
for the money, there won't be much to touch dans ast set imo. they should be very good indeed!

Cheers :approve: it is very good and perfectly affordable which is critical as far as im concerned. not everyone wants to spend a fortune on suspension!

ITB BG 182
i think im in the good books with GDi folk at the moment, i only go there for the cracking cup of tea and mcdonald trips...
Ive always had exceptional professional service aswell as some form of customer relation with these an can honestly say i am not taking my car else where.

lift number 1 @ btm
to give you an idea of the cost of the gdi set. i have a £1300 set of kw competition coilovers on my car, when i called andy for a price of an equally specced kit he told me it would be close to £2500.
i know what i would do!

lift number 1 @ btm
and before the uproar starts, i should probably point out that my kit was also custom built to match the axle weights of the car and is completely re-valveable.

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
to give you an idea of the cost of the gdi set. i have a £1300 set of kw competition coilovers on my car, when i called andy for a price of an equally specced kit he told me it would be close to £2500.
i know what i would do!

i do beleive you were quoted you for.

3 way remote canister coilovers.

these from penski are £4000...

Mk2 172
i know what i would do!

Or you can have the 3 way remote canister kit made by AST for about £1600 :)

lift number 1 @ btm
i know what i would do!

thats quite true, you did quote me for remote reservoirs:- after i described a kit and asked for a price for a similar set. maybe you felt that i would have to spend that amount to get something equivalent, or maybe you were up-selling? as for saying a set of penske would cost 4k, why not say a focus wrc set costs 10k? they are both equally irrelevant facts.
the original point was that the ast are a good value set of shocks from an established manufacturer; where as in my opinion, your set seems to be very expensive and is still ender development is it not?

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

thats quite true, you did quote me for remote reservoirs:- after i described a kit and asked for a price for a similar set. maybe you felt that i would have to spend that amount to get something equivalent, or maybe you were up-selling? as for saying a set of penske would cost 4k, why not say a focus wrc set costs 10k? they are both equally irrelevant facts.
the original point was that the ast are a good value set of shocks from an established manufacturer; where as in my opinion, your set seems to be very expensive and is still ender development is it not?

nothing irrelavant.

a spider we recently did has a set of the £2500 dampers, the penki equivalant is £4000, so it has every relavance

you were not upsold to, you were quoted all the different kits and the upgrade options..

this is not the kit we have on our clio either.