ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lens Exchange

Hi.

Is there anywhere decent/reputable that will do this?

I have a Sigma 10-20mm that is mint but I want a Sigma 50-150mm and I thought doing a swap might be easier than the hassle of selling it on myself.

Any links/help would be appreciated. And a rough guide as to what I should expect to get for it too!

Cheers.

In my experience - you get bent over

One of those types of companies offered me £210 for my 70-200 f4L - sold it for more than double that
They offered me £90 for a 50mm f1.4! LOL

Oil Burner
I would buy/sell on Talk Photography. I've sold all of my kit this way with one exception.

MPB seem to offer fair prices for very old bodies. I got a good price with them for my 40d (given they offer a warranty i guess they can demand more than private on an old body as people buying used are concerned about shutter life etc..) Whereas the lenses hold their value too well and percieved to be trouble free in later life so the used market is strong.