ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Liam's ITB'd cup

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
No I'm saving all my money for a flat so the membership is at the bottom of a long list really. But it's getting quite annoying not being able to see certain things etc so ill probably renew this week ;)

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Little update on this..

One of my mates bought a 172 cup to use on track/odd day out which had a Ktec Stealth on it. He wanted something louder and I wanted something quieter so we swapped systems over.
Really happy with the car now that it doesn't have the exhaust hanging out the back. Sounds good aswell, can really hear the ITBs roaring on full chat and it's actually not too loud cruising which is good.
atymazyh.jpg
me3ebane.jpg

Also after coming across a thread on here about cleaning alcantara I decided to give my steering wheel a going over. Morgan had cleaned it before I picked the car up but it was fairly smooth again so I tackled that tonight.

Warm soapy water and a toothbrush and it's come up quite well.

Before
2ymevyna.jpg
eqabuvev.jpg

And after (it's still wet but looks good as it's drying out)
sydeme5u.jpg
gere7e6u.jpg
u9agu9ap.jpg

That's all I've done so far really, I'm enjoying being back in the clio after the megane, but I really am missing the recaros from the meg so ill maybe try and get a set of nicer seats at some point.

Couple as it stands :)
pa4ubavu.jpg
uqe5ezeb.jpg
eve9y8e6.jpg
dymeqaha.jpg

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah really happy with it now!

No I've still got the piper cross filter on, just had It off for a couple of photos.

Cleaned the filter and re oiled it last month!

I was stalking your FlickR the other night and seen all the old photos of it on turinis etc.
y6yhygu7.jpg

Kind of want a set now :rolleyes:

Cup In bits
Looks good..... Have to say it does look miles better with a stealth on. Wheel will need a constant going over too but it came up well when I done it with the same method.

Get the bonnet sound deadening back on or get a tin of Mondial thrown over it.... Looks rough as ;).

And is that proxes I spy, put them on the back or you'll be needing another set next month.

Sell you the Meg for 6k and you can swap the seats!!

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah really happy with it now!

No I've still got the piper cross filter on, just had It off for a couple of photos.

Cleaned the filter and re oiled it last month!

I was stalking your FlickR the other night and seen all the old photos of it on turinis etc.
y6yhygu7.jpg

Kind of want a set now :rolleyes:

Im sure you wouldn't have a problem swapping for a set of 2118s.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Looks good..... Have to say it does look miles better with a stealth on. Wheel will need a constant going over too but it came up well when I done it with the same method.

Get the bonnet sound deadening back on or get a tin of Mondial thrown over it.... Looks rough as ;).

And is that proxes I spy, put them on the back or you'll be needing another set next month.

Sell you the Meg for 6k and you can swap the seats!!
Yeah ill keep on top of it now rather than letting it get like that again, wish I cleaned the one I had in my last 172, I always thought it was knackered when it went flat!

Where did you get the spray cans of Monday paint from? I would quite like to paint it actually!

And the tyres on the front are parada spec 2. I read they wear quite quickly but they seem to be ok. I haven't been out for many drives since having them fitted though. Front left needs re fitted as it's not holding pressure though.

Megane - f**k that, clios too much fun
Im sure you wouldn't have a problem swapping for a set of 2118s.
Yeah ill stick with these just now, maybe see if there's a cheap set of turinis for sale at some point and get them as a second set because I like the 2118s too. Different to every other cup with turinis!

Cup In bits
Amazing the change it does, its just hand oils rather than polished up.

The paint I used for the slam panel was from eBay and quite good, It's not listed anymore but it was just a custom mix with lacquer pack.

Nightmare about the tyre bead. Parada's is what I meant...... proxes have an asymmetric tread. They're okay if not a little sketchy in greasy weather. They do were quick though that's why I say slap them on the back.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Did I see you saying the Halfords paint mix was s**t for the megane?

Could swap them over I suppose, I did notice they are pretty crap in the wet which is the main reason I haven't actually changed them over. I didn't fancy going sideways round every corner haha

Cup In bits
Yeah they weren't good for me, it was an orange I got haha, I'm colour blind and noticed it.

Rule of thumb is to have your best tyres on the driven wheels. The rear doesn't need as much grip as the front on FWD.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Hahaha, not so good but it is the ender side of the bonnet after all so it won't matter all that much. Maybe go in and ask them tonight or tomorrow and get it done over the weekend.

Yeah that's right enough, what like are the R1Rs anyway?

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
On holiday this week so I'm going to give the car a decent clean, get it all waxed etc.

I've done the interior already due to a drunken girl spewing in the back. All shampoo'd and hoovered out.

Made a start in the wheels today, couple of photos of the fronts, they weren't actually that dirty but they have come up quite well.

Before:
eja9umyg.jpg
y2ynatum.jpg
quryhuha.jpg
azu5u3az.jpg

And after:
rana5ypu.jpg

9yzytyhe.jpg
ybe5ujaq.jpg
etehudy9.jpg

Still need to get the wheel nuts sorted out aswell, possibly paint them or return them to the standard nuts.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Looking good, glad that exhaust has gone it looked terrible.

Would love to see this car again as would my brother, it's the longest he's ever kept a car and I think the previous owners of it would probably understand why, its absolutely awesome.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Looking good, glad that exhaust has gone it looked terrible.

Would love to see this car again as would my brother, it's the longest he's ever kept a car and I think the previous owners of it would probably understand why, its absolutely awesome.

Tis a nice car but just wasn't the same after I found out it was a write off.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Thanks wayne but I'm wanting to keep the 2118s and maybe get a set of turinis when I've got some spare cash.

The car is pretty mint, so being a write of doesn't bother me in the slightest. I know what's damaged and it's a couple of very small creases in the boot. The car itself is straight which can be seen from the geo setups.

Plus the fact it goes like stink. I don't think I'll sell it for a while. Although the power steering pump is leaking some fluid.

The one problem I do have with it is that the front end is so light that when your really pushing round the corner it does break traction a little. But that's really pushing.

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Really liked this ever since Jim had it and stuck some photos up of it

Stealth exhaust is a big improvement aswel

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Really liked this ever since Jim had it and stuck some photos up of it

Stealth exhaust is a big improvement aswel
Thanks George, yeah I'm really happy with the exhaust. Looks alot neater and actually sounds better aswell, you can hear the throttle bodies alot more now.

I'm getting a spare set of bullets from a mate some point this weekend so I'm thinking of getting them done the same as chi had with the ITB'd trophy he had.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Just a bit curious here as it may be an option soon..

Can anyone tell me how much the ITB kit/setup is worth? With/without the gen90+dongle?

I'm not sure on trumpet sizes etc but they are Jenvey with Pipercross filter, Ktec gen90 and the dongle.
leeds_182 do you know the trumpet sizes or anything for the itbs?

I'd be looking to sell the whole kit, possibly in exchange for standard parts.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Did the standard parts not come with it? I sold it all on with them and would be pretty straight forward to put back to standard.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
They did aye. I sold the inlets and rad though.

I'm not sure about this yet but my mate has bought a cup as a track car and is looking for itbs, if he's willing to pay a decent price for them then I may be convinced as the cash would be nice right now. Just have no idea how much to charge though?