ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lights dim when pumping the b-line?

Nas

Eunos Roadster
u aight ppl, as the title says my lights dim when my sub is kicking, its quiet embarassin when sitting @ the lights :(
wot can u recomend to prevent this, cheers
nas

Cupra K1 & Clio 200
im not realli a pro with this sorta stuff, but your gonna need a capacitor, this should get rid of the dimming as the bass lines come in. i had this prob with my 12" RF sub and alpine v12 mono amp! but all is well now. anything above a 1.0 Farad capacitor should be fine.

Hon

inferno rs 182
get yourself a power cap cheap as chips and easy to fit. you must be pulling sum power tho mate. i had two 500w amps in my pug and nothing like that happened

muz

big fat japanese bus
Gengar said:
im not realli a pro with this sorta stuff, but your gonna need a capacitor, this should get rid of the dimming as the bass lines come in. i had this prob with my 12" RF sub and alpine v12 mono amp! but all is well now. anything above a 1.0 Farad capacitor should be fine.

Hon

Sorry this is wrong a cap will put MORE drain on your system

best solution to sort tis is to upgrade the big 3 and maybe get a larger battery

GOLF GT TDI
Dont get a Powercap, Powercaps are not a solution for an already inferior electrical system in fact they can make matters worse. get an upgraded battery like my self i have a standard battery in the front and a yellow top battery on a split charging system in the boot, I just need to upgrade the alternator now as my car is over 1500Rms now. and my lights still dim but no way near as much, so first get a yellow top in the boot like me and if it still dims upgrade the alternator.

gsb

98 Sreg Clio RT
muzz said:
Sorry this is wrong a cap will put MORE drain on your system

best solution to sort tis is to upgrade the big 3 and maybe get a larger battery

I Totally Agree :D

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000
Soo you sit at the lights wit ya bass pumpin and your embarrased by your lights dimming.

Maybe people arent laughing at the lights tho ;)

Paul J said:
Soo you sit at the lights wit ya bass pumpin and your embarrased by your lights dimming.

Maybe people arent laughing at the lights tho ;)

I'm glad someone said it!!

For me a car is about performance, handling etc... the Driving Experience. I listening to music when I drive, but I don't think a car is the place for stupidly loud sound.

I've working in nightclubs and unless you wan't to f*ck your ears you have to wear ear plugs. In an enclosed car you are risking the same damage if your stereo is too loud!!!

Golf GTD
chief just because you dont like to have bass pumping etc, it doesnt mean everyone else should be that way.

Its annoying people commenting on threads negatively. Didnt your mum ever tell you "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all"

its his car its up to him what he does in it.

Rant Over.

As said before mate, a new battery is required i reckon

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
A higher ampage alternator would be my first mod then onto a split charging batt system.

GOLF GT TDI
<KLB> said:
chief just because you dont like to have bass pumping etc, it doesnt mean everyone else should be that way.

i agree mate its like saying why should you bother modifiying the engine as you can only do 60 on main roads anyway, everyone has their own interests if ours is sound systems and yours is performance then whats wrong with that,

this site i thought was to get people with clios to get to know each other and get advice not to b***ch about what peoples interests are

Polo + Micra
CrazyK said:
A higher ampage alternator would be my first mod then onto a split charging batt system.

right firstly a split charge system will also put an extra load on the electrical system of the car as it has to charge two batteries instead of one.

next the earth that goes from the chassis to the batt is really dire at least upgrade this if don't want to attempt all three

next of all batts really only supposed to last around 3 years so after a while the don't hold as much charge.

Audi TT 3.2 V6
uprated battery is on my list of things to do. am considering a transit battery. just not sure if it will fit or not. need to measure it i guess

BMW Z4 3.0i
chiefsilverback said:
And why can't people use proper spelling, proper grammer and proper punctuation?

I was thinking why people aren't able to use the correct spelling of grammar when criticising others! :p Talk about shooting yourself in the foot!

GazCB said:
I was thinking why people aren't able to use the correct spelling of grammar when criticising others! :p Talk about shooting yourself in the foot!

You are quite right, I did make a mistake and I take full responsibility for that!! :)

With regards to my comments about sound levels etc... it's more from a health perspective. If you are listening to an overly loud sound system in an enclosed space for a prolonged time you are doing irrepairable damage to your ears!!

I also don't see any point spending money on 'performance' mods, because on the open road you will get more benefit from driver training than ever you will from performance enhancements!!!

Nas

Eunos Roadster
cheers 4 all da replys ppl, my battery is only 3 mnths old, n i'v only got a 1200watt amp n a sub, mite try a yellow top battery!

GOLF GT TDI
good thing with yellow tops it they are designed to run completly flat so it will never get damaged

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
tbh, mine dim...i don't care, looks like a little disco! who really cares what other people think, WE HAVE VA-VA-VOOM !!! now stop being petty everyone :D

Polo + Micra
just remember if your light dim the voltage is dropping

so your amps are not putting out full power and could lead to clipping if it drops low enough

which will kill your speakers.

unless your amps have regulated power supplies;)

Dooby

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
I just replaced my standard battery with a optima and uprated the earth.... problem solved, no more flashin dashboard which is good considering my two amplifiers have a combined fuse rating of 200 amps.

you do realise when your driving the battery does nothing dont you ?

but while idling the battery is used so if the lights only flash when stood still its the battery and if it does it while driving its the alternator thats the problem

but as has been said dont get a cap !!!!