ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

lights on dash

172 sport
hi guys driving to work this morning and i switch the button on for the screen de-mist and then on the dash i get a light which is like a hearbeat monitor with wires on it no power going to the car knocked the engine of and works again then couple of miles it comes on again then oil pressure warning comes any have'nt checked the oil as of yet but will check it later any ideas on potential problems

cheers all kris

172 sport
hi mate i aint a full member yet what does the link contain as i need of some help as last time i got a mechanic out who ripped me off cheers

JCJ

Clio 182
Is it a box with a line going through it that looks like a heartbeat? It says injection system. Hope that is some help.
Have you hooked the car up to a code reader yet?
Also find out on the forum if anyone could recommend a good mechanic near you.

172 sport
i kno a good autoelectrician mate yea its that light mate it only come on when i went to de mist the windscreen any ideas on what it could be my auto electrcian mentioned something about a throttle body whatever that is might just garage it for a bit until i get the money to get whatever is wrong sorted

172 sport
well upon reading on here it looks like it is the emmisoin warning light soem say faulty lamba sensor clean it throttle body spark plugs where is the lamba sensor found is it in the engine bay same as spark plugs sorry with questions total noob here

JCJ

Clio 182
I dont think its the lamda sensor personally. I had mine give up, the engine management light came on and my car was underpowered, but still ran. A faulty lamda sensor wont cut your engine out (as far as I know, I may be wrong). Your car has 2 lamda sensors. One before your catalytic converter (on the exhaust) on the engine side and one after the cat. The one after the cat wont affect the running of your car in any way, it just measures emmisions. The one before the cat affects your car. Does your mate have a code reader? It will read any faults
that have come up on your car, it will help pinpoint the problem.

172 sport
only lights taht come on was those mate no stop or serv light im just at a loss on what to do i will speak to him later on he had it on a code reader before when i took the alarm out just getting me down now but that is cars for you lol

172 sport
89b2eb8c.jpg

172 sport
What does that symbol mean then mate as some say toxic fumes warning other oil pressure warning checked oil all ok there car seems to be running fine at moment.

JCJ

Clio 182
Its not toxic fumes or oil pressure, the symbol means your cars onboard computer has registered a fault. The only way you can find out what that fault is, is by plugging a
code reader into your car. When my engine management light came on I found a local garage, cost me £25. They plugged their code reader into my car, a fault code came
up which said my o2 sensor (lamda sensor) was faulty. I replaced it and everything was fine again.

172 sport
Ok mate that's what I was Planning on doing I am thinking of getting a whole bunch of work done would you recommend someone don't mind traveling if need to just dont want some back street garage working on car also do you have a e mail addres for anyone cheers mate.

172 sport
Everything lol quite a bit mate to be honest so wife suggested getting it all done outta the way so it's done some advisorys on mot current problem think may as well get brake discs and pads and springs get it all done outta way now I'm thinking.

JCJ

Clio 182
I do all the work on my car myself (did't have a code reader so had to take it to the garage for that), so I cant recommend anyone from personal use. If you cant trust any garages locally and dont mind travelling, I can recommend a few places. Everyone on this forum have nothing but positive things to say about them. BTM in birmingham 07769 712624 or 0121 783 6692, Birchdown 01948 860335 and 519automotive 07561193814.

172 sport
Ok mate will give them a ring later on in week the garage that sorted a problem on my fiesta are ok gonna give them a chance to price up the work then go from there good on you for doing it yourself mate I'm terrible with things like that personally I'd be better attempting brain surgery than sorting a car problem lol.

JCJ

Clio 182
LOL its not that difficult, did alot of my work through guides and advise on this forum. Join as a member, cost £12 but I've saved hundreds!
Ps if you gonna do your springs I would recommend getting some Eibach sportlines (not the prolines) the ride quality and handling is excellent, with
a nice drop of about 30mm. The car looks perfect now. Brembo hc discs are also good value for money, ebay is the cheapest I found (£30 for a set on the front)

172 sport
Yea I'm deff gonna get round to ffull membership brembo disc are great I heard are yours vented mate? Where you get your eibachs from mate did u get pads as well for your brembos mate?

JCJ

Clio 182
Yep front are vented, £38 on ebay and pads were £31 also ebay. Got my sportlines for £80, bout a year old and still in excellent condition, off a guy on this site. There is a for sale section but you have to be a member to use it. Fitted them myself.

172 sport
Im deffo getting membership mate just had a pm of someone willing to lend me a fault code reader local to so that's cool so hopefully that will help massively do u go tto many meets mate u got a 182 what you done to it the wife wanted a 182 ttrying to persuade her to buy one now and sell our Zetec s

JCJ

Clio 182
Thats a result with the code reader! Maybe he will know some decent garages in the area? People on here are pretty helpfull. Have't been to any meets yet, not really my thing. I got a black gold 182 2004 reg. Got it off ebay (big fan) £1500. Had a starting bid of £1500 no reserve, excellent condition, looked good in the photos. No bids with minutes to go, so I did a hpi check came up all clear, took a chance and bought it. Went up to Holyhead a few days later (I'm in birmingham) and picked it up. Got a bargain. Trying to keep it standard, I've just lowered it a bit on the springs, I want to do the rims gunmetal grey and I want to get either a milltek or scorpion exhaust as the standard one is way too quiet! If you can persuade the wife, go for it. These cars are going for silly money, considering all the extras they have. Mines got cruise control, auto wipers, auto headlights, abs, aircon etc and loads of power!

172 sport
Mate I'm leaning on her hard for it 1500 what a bargain many miles on the old girl I like everything standard mate as well not doing anything to my 172 changed all bulbs so it's looking good one thing i like is the interior lighs are led now gives off a real nice chilled blue effect I'm finding it a real good car to drive what's the black gold version mate it's prob something really simple lol

JCJ

Clio 182
Its a standard colour, its black with gold flecks in it. looks really cool in the sun. 93000 on the clock, which is a bit high but in and out very clean, engine and gearbox seem fine so far ( fingers crossed!) Like the sound of those led lights, did you just change the bulbs? What colour is your 172, how much did you pay?

172 sport
Paid 1700 mate 85 on clock the led are just standard 501 yea mate popped it open and changed the bulb mine is black with yellow calipers gonna be changed to red I'm thinking standard everything mate love it will pm u with some pics of the interior light if u like got some good deals with LEDs on e bay and for the bulbs when you flash someone also running with chrome indicators as well really sets it off.

JCJ

Clio 182
Yea def. send some pics. My car is black with yellow calipers too! Forgot, thats the only other mod I've done. I have also got the small renault F1 sticker on the bottom right hand corner of my bonnet, goes really well with the yellow calipers. I'll send some pictures.http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200671590...NX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_500wt_1081 thats the sticker. They sold me 2, I'm not using the other one, yours if you want it.
Ps keep bugging the wife! There a few nice 182 that pop up every now and then on here.

172 sport
I'm gonna leave the bodywork completely standard mate not even bothering with window tints was your calipers easy to paint web it gets a bit darker I will get some pics of what I have done an pm u mate. Oh and in nagging she is thinking about it but wants a 197 in white so I'm gonna have to think now lol if I should buy it and give her my 172 lol