ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Liquid Yellow Engine!

Liquid Yellow 182
Just started on my engine... colour coded few bits today, got lots more to do yet but thought I post a pic now anyway...

Attachments

• DSC00304.JPG
    DSC00304.JPG
    277.1 KB · Views: 458
  BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
Wow! That looks awsome, especially like the good finish on the air filter! :)

Just needs some engine polishing to finish it off.

Nippy white cup
Looks very nice! I wouldn`t do too much yellow tho...maybe the Renault Sport writing but that would be it for me

Chris

Liquid Yellow 182
I think that's all the yellow now, might get some yellow hose though...
Gonna get manifold polished next...

RenaultSport Clio 182 Cup
very nice, what pain have you used as i wana do mine but dont whant the paint to peel of from the heat!

Chocolate Bar™
M40 CUP said:
very nice, what pain have you used as i wana do mine but dont whant the paint to peel of from the heat!

doesnt get hot, so any paint is fine. my good man at autopaint mixed me up my liquid yellow.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Nice one Sarah , engine bay looks mint , will look stunnin when you get the inlet and fuel rail guard polished :)

A well built VW
Dont polish it go black like Maz i think that would look muh better

Otherwise very nice - must do mine soon - DIY or Bodyshop ?

Liquid Yellow 182
Sorry about that ^

Cheers for the good response guys!

I was going to polish, hadn't thought about going black actually... that would probably look pretty good.

It was done at the bodyshop, going to get a cover for the battery made next week.

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent
mmmmm muchos minto! very nice, just need a black silicone inlet hose and some chrome strut top covers from hillpower. polish up the plenum and fuel rail guard then black renault sport writing mmmm nice!

actually powder coat the plenum and fuel rail guard and strut top covers satin black

Last edited:
  Liquid Yellow 182
Alan said:
No need for the airbox and fusebox cover to be done.

To be honest there was no need for any of it to be done!

I'm happy with it, and it does look great in the light with the liquidyness :)

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent
forget the standard, modding is sacrilage brigade! what do they know, looks great and defo different imo

106 GTi
Not to sure on the Airbox may be a touch to much (nice finish though), but the rest looks good.

Deffo black for the inlet with polished RenaultSport logo and a polished fuel rail cover with black in the recesses.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
sh33n said:
Too much yellow for my liking, carbon would have worked well against the yellow imo.

;)

Looks good Sarah, adds a bit of food for thought

Black 172
Middo said:
doesnt get hot, so any paint is fine. my good man at autopaint mixed me up my liquid yellow.

Doesnt get hot ? Personally i would use high temp paint if i was gonna do anything in the engine bay

Chocolate Bar™
Spammy said:
I've done mine with standard paint and laquer, done my dads 182 too. Middo has done many and they're all fine.

thanks mate :) The engine cover will get 'warm' nowhere near hot enough to damage any paint work. I've had my cover on for over a year and have had no problems, the sticker hasnt even peeled.

Black 172
Ah yeah suppose your right i have painted the Renault sport logo on my engine and fancy doing some more bits to it .

Chocolate Bar™
yeah the renaultsport and plenham etc. need hammerite, or heat resistant paint - but the engine cover and general plastics in there are fine with well prepped conventional paint.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
very very nice sarah

don't think you should go polished though for anymore..has to be a dark colour for contrast or as loony says go for the anthracite look......

now can't wait to start on my bay....