ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Little “m” to capital “M”

JON FOZ

ClioSport Club Member
  EVO 6
F538FB3F-D3C4-4AAD-9120-C0DABDA53B26.jpeg
6E128A0B-A44C-4CD0-884E-652C306C3520.jpeg
0A71DAD9-17FE-4B96-8C44-C93664B042BF.jpeg
227FA5B7-4A2B-4A58-A272-42C95AEF8B44.jpeg
The girlfriends replacement for the 140 arrived today.

Black M2,nicknamed “BatMobile” from my son upon seeing it.

She’s not driven it yet as I thought I’d do the gentlemanly thing and offer to drive it home ;)

Spec is;

HK sound

Privacy glass

Folding mirrors

Elec seats

Heated seats

Ikon headlights

Headlight assist

Reverse camera

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Very nice indeed mate.

Didn’t quite know what headlight assist was but upon Googling it, it dips the main beam off when there is oncoming vehicles. This world is going mad, soon there will be “start the engine assist”.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Absolutely love these.

Me and my other half dropped her Mini off for a service the other day and had to give the keys in at the BMW showroom in Wakefield. We had a look around and I fell in love with every M car in there. My other half appreciates nice cars, however she isn't massively into them, but, surprisingly, she took a shine to the M2 they had in there. She now says she, not wants but needs one apparently .... I told her she needs to put the lottery on!

JON FOZ

ClioSport Club Member
  EVO 6
Nice upgrade. Manual or DCT?

How you tried comfort mode with one press of the traction button yet? :wink:

It’s DCT.The other half won’t have a manual anymore.

If it was my car I’d choose the same.Dodgy hip and being old means auto all the way for me.

JON FOZ

ClioSport Club Member
  EVO 6
Absolutely love these.

Me and my other half dropped her Mini off for a service the other day and had to give the keys in at the BMW showroom in Wakefield. We had a look around and I fell in love with every M car in there. My other half appreciates nice cars, however she isn't massively into them, but, surprisingly, she took a shine to the M2 they had in there. She now says she, not wants but needs one apparently .... I told her she needs to put the lottery on!

My other half was just a bit unsure on the noise.

She didn’t want a boy racer sounding car from the inside.From the 40 mile drive home I wouldn’t say it’s any noisier in the cabin than the 140.

She also loves the look of it now after not being sure of everything being black.

Jon

JON FOZ

ClioSport Club Member
  EVO 6
Nice upgrade. Manual or DCT?

How you tried comfort mode with one press of the traction button yet? :wink:

DCT.Not as yet.

Drive home and that’s it.

Will try out a few modes and set Conbected Drive up over next few days.

What’s it about then ?crackles ?

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
My other half was just a bit unsure on the noise.

She didn’t want a boy racer sounding car from the inside.From the 40 mile drive home I wouldn’t say it’s any noisier in the cabin than the 140.

She also loves the look of it now after not being sure of everything being black.

Jon

This is the one my OH was lusting over.

20180317_132717.jpg

RB 182 Cup,E46 M3 CS
Awesome car, I had an option on one when they were first released for sale but walked away when I heard they weren't limiting production numbers/no bespoke wing mirrors/bonnet bulge/carbon roof etc. But seeing them in the flesh I still have a big soft spot for them, they look like a softer 1M which isn't necessarily a bad thing; very purposeful but curvier. Did the dealer mentioned anything about the upcoming competition pack during the purchasing process? I am keeping my eye on them..

Toureg vW Transporte
Awesome car, I had an option on one when they were first released for sale but walked away when I heard they weren't limiting production numbers/no bespoke wing mirrors/bonnet bulge/carbon roof etc. But seeing them in the flesh I still have a big soft spot for them, they look like a softer 1M which isn't necessarily a bad thing; very purposeful but curvier. Did the dealer mentioned anything about the upcoming competition pack during the purchasing process? I am keeping my eye on them..
What’s the comp pack involve dan? What car did you go for instead of one of these ?

JON FOZ

ClioSport Club Member
  EVO 6
I asked the question but he had nothing to add.

I’m sure towards the end of the month there is news on the way.

Wasn’t an option for us to even consider.My guesstimate is getting on for £55K.

Can’t see any contributions for a while but you never know.

RB 182 Cup,E46 M3 CS
What’s the comp pack involve dan? What car did you go for instead of one of these ?

As Jeff says, essentially it'll have a detuned version of the M3/M4 S55 engine. Around 400hp I think. Wider/lower/more aggressive styling seem as standard with CP models. I bought a manual E46 M3 CS which the M2 Competition pack is the closest spirtual successor of. Ultimately I think I made the right choice, although I'm sure I've spent more on repairs than the monthly repayments for a new M2!

I asked the question but he had nothing to add.

I’m sure towards the end of the month there is news on the way.

Wasn’t an option for us to even consider.My guesstimate is getting on for £55K.

Can’t see any contributions for a while but you never know.

That's what I've heard, towards the end of the month. Fair enough, the CP models are usually +10% on the standard models. It looks the nuts anyway!

JON FOZ

ClioSport Club Member
  EVO 6
Looks nice. What’s it like compared to the m140 mate?

Not driven it much as yet but what I instantly noticed was how direct it feels.

It changes direction more precisely and doesn’t pitch and roll as much.

The ride isn’t any harsher in my opinion.

140 was a 5 door and I always had a bit of a struggle getting in it.This is mainly down to my dodgy hip and having the seating position set a bit higher to suit my girlfriend.

Now got electric seats so position isn’t a problem along with the bigger doors makes getting in and out less of a drama for me.

Most probably find a few more pros and cons as we get to use it.Ill keep this updated with my findings.

Jon