ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

locking wheel nut fucked

well. my key and my nut rounded off tonight.

worst bit is, its the spinny out edged nuts, so banging a socket on is proving to be a b**ch

any idea's?

not damaging wheel ideas to please

pos weld a extension bar onto it??

i thought about drilling then using them easy out drill bits, the reverse tread things.

only thing the drilling the full lot out. is id have to buy a tap set to clean the hole out properly

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Weld a socket to it.

If its got that shitty loose collar on it, its a f**king pain in the ass to remove. Although if its a genuine Renault one, they only made about 8 different types, so if you have a few mates with Clio's, chances are one of them will fit it.

Our old mechaninc in work had a box of 8 or so and guaranteed one of them would fit it.

my mate works a reno, so could get me one, but the nuts to far gone, i manged to get the other 3 off luckly.

welding may be the only way....

www.renparts.co.uk
you need a small chisel or similar and smack it between the spinny collar and the nut, the collar quickly breaks off and then you can knock a socket on, i do a few a week usually.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
smash a 9mm socket over the centre bit the onces its gripped on just undo, ive done the last 5 locking nuts with the same socket.