ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Locking Wheel Nut Stuck!!! HELP!!

MK2 172 FF
I was in the process of cleaning the inside of the alloys on my 172 yesterday and whilst i had the wheels off i decided to clean and paint the calipers. All was going ok until i got to the drivers side locking nut. The locker just slipped off and now i cant get it to stay in with out slipping off when i try to undo it.

Any ideas?

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Find a socket that fits quite tightly, hit it on with a hammer. Then just unscrew it?

I had this with mine. Every time I put force onto the unlock key thing to turn it, it just slipped off the locking wheel bolt.
I took it too a garage and got them to do it with a buzz gun, as they could push the removal tool onto the bolt from the front, preventing it slipping off whilst undoing it.
Rather than to the side like you do when you try and turn a wrench.

MK2 172 FF
Find a socket that fits quite tightly, hit it on with a hammer. Then just unscrew it?

i thought this but the locking nut has like a ring round the inside to try stop this happening

I had this with mine. Every time I put force onto the unlock key thing to turn it, it just slipped off the locking wheel bolt.
I took it too a garage and got them to do it with a buzz gun, as they could push the removal tool onto the bolt from the front, preventing it slipping off whilst undoing it.
Rather than to the side like you do when you try and turn a wrench.

I also thought of this so may give this a try first. Im just hoping that it doesnt f**k the locking key up lol

cheers all

Are yours renault locking nuts? Mine had the ring round as well. You can't hold the locking key on the thread, every time you try and put pressure on to turn it, it just slips and comes off.

When they buzzed mine off there was no damage to them whatsoever. They did it in two seconds lol - and for free.
Then when you put them back on do it by hand not so tight. Or leave them out altogether and put standard bolts back in, thats what I did lol.

MK2 172 FF
Right managed to get them off. Had to hammer the key on then buzz then off with the gun the hammer the key off the nut. Did this for each one as the key ended up fucked. Just replaced them with the standard bolts for the minute.