ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

lol PS3

C

Cupster

Just bought meself a spankers PS3 and set it up this morning. Not really seen or used one much before so have been open minded with all the chat on 'ere about 36 vs PS3 yadda yadda yadda.

Anywho, I got Little Big Planet free with it and simply, or so I thought, fed the disc to the system - then it hits me! System update!!!

Feck! I been cotching here for 20 mins now and still only 65% into the 10 updates it needs.

I suppose this really is a pisser!

Transformers looked smashing though on the old BlueRay FTW, sys update FTL.

C

Cupster

lol, now Sackboy is installing data WTF!!!

Who the feck is Sackboy lol

Get used to it sunshine, slow and frequent updates to both the firmware and relating to games is the way of the PS3. Does my head in when you want to pop a disk in for a 15/30 minute blast and then you get hit with an update which takes 20 to download and install.

Lee

BMW M2C
Get used to it. I turn mine on occasionally just to install updates so I don't have to waste an hour when I actually want to use it.

Sometimes I download the updates to a memory stick and do it that way as it's quicker!

IMO it's wrong, console gaming is supposed to be quick and easy.

Not long until Drakes Fortune 2 though, which is going to be the first time I've gamed on my PS3 in a long time. It's just used for Bluray most the time.

Goliath I
Nothing like buying a new game and wanting a quick blast before work, then having to install 2 hours woth of updates

LY 200
The updates are slow and pretty repetative but id still rather those than an unreliable 360.

Clio mk2 & Baleno
360s WERE unreliable. Updates on the 360 are quick, still want a PS3 though but did realise they were so slow at updates.

1.8 Civic EX
oh dear matey!

I'll highlight for you exactly where you went wrong.....

Just bought meself a spankers PS3 and set it up this morning. Not really seen or used one much before so have been open minded with all the chat on 'ere about 36 vs PS3 yadda yadda yadda.

;)

In all seriousness I'm coming round to the idea of getting one now they released the slim. The full size one won't fit on my shelf in my room lol!

Octy VRS
It's a lot easier to download on your PC to a USB stick and update that way. Takes about 2 minutes.

I got the Slim at the weekend with 4 games, updates took about 25 mins for firmware, then 30 mins for LBP, and 48mins for Motorostorm 2.

Crazy!

Citroen DS3 DSport
The servers can be hit or miss when it comes to download speeds. My Slim updated within 3-4 minutes last week and downloaded all the demos and PSN games I'd previously bought in no time at all. At other times it takes 30 minutes for one simple download.

E39 530i
Anyone download vidzone from the playstation store yet? Downloaded it yesterday, very good if your like me and don't have any decent music channels.

A4 Avant
Where do you downlaod them from to pop them on usb? Is it system only updates or specific game ones as well?

Dirty E91
Last update (3.00) didn' t seem to take that long for me 10 minutes or so, some of the updates aren't mandatory anyway.

Looking forward to the movie download service, comning in November iirc.

I have nothing but lightening fast updates but I am rolling with a wired 16meg connection! I suspect some of you guys are trying to it on wifi which is a big no no for ps3!

I have nothing but lightening fast updates but I am rolling with a wired 16meg connection! I suspect some of you guys are trying to it on wifi which is a big no no for ps3!

why would that be 54mbit provides enough bandwidth for 16mb bb

new 360 wireless N adapter should be good though

Goliath I
After watching the guitar hero C64 it reminded me how we used to have to wait ages for a game to load each time! All those funny coloured screens and jazzy tunes lol

What did we do to pass the time?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
After watching the guitar hero C64 it reminded me how we used to have to wait ages for a game to load each time! All those funny coloured screens and jazzy tunes lol

What did we do to pass the time?

Lol - we had a conversation about that at work the other week. Just how many hours did we waste in rewinding and forward-winding bloody tapes - all the while keeping an eye on the tape counter....... b*****d, missed it! Back a bit! ;)

D.

Goliath I
Lol - we had a conversation about that at work the other week. Just how many hours did we waste in rewinding and forward-winding bloody tapes - all the while keeping an eye on the tape counter....... b*****d, missed it! Back a bit! ;)

D.

Haha yeah 50 games 6 tapes and writing a sheet full of game stop and start times!