ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Long term fuel gain (trim)

turbo 182
I've read on here that the long term fuel trim should be around 128 is this true?

I had a ema light on so plugged rs tuner and it came up with front 02 sensor I observed the love data and it said long term fuel trim 146

fitted a brand new lambda sensor and no ema light and nothing present on the rs tuner either.... How ever long term fuel trim is now 152!!

Am I been stupid here or is there something a miss with the car?

Also so average mpg was around 30 before fitting new lambda

Thanks

turbo 182
When did you fit the new lambda?

Last night... With old sensor it was 146 then with new sensor it is 152, just drove a 60 mile round journey and average mpg ended up at 32.5 mpg mainly broads aswell however I did reset the trip before i set off

turbo 182
itll take a few hundred miles to correct itself.

Ok thanks, am I right in thinking it should be 128 or there abouts?

Also fitted new rear and centre mounts and cat to manifold kit and now my centre box on my piper system is resting up against the heat shield and is vibrating rattling herendously its worse when you lift off as apososed to accelerating, is it safe to remove the shield above the centre box completely?

Thanks

Clio 172
Ok thanks, am I right in thinking it should be 128 or there abouts?

Also fitted new rear and centre mounts and cat to manifold kit and now my centre box on my piper system is resting up against the heat shield and is vibrating rattling herendously its worse when you lift off as apososed to accelerating, is it safe to remove the shield above the centre box completely?

Thanks

I've never had any problem running no heat shields.