ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Longleat Hillclimb 2008

Bit surreal this, they close the entrance to Longleat House and turn it into a Hillclimb for the weekend. Great fun and very very popular (full turn-out of 150 competitors today, another 150 tomorrow)

Was stupidly windy which meant photos were a little challenging, but here goes..

325825469_6Bz6G-L.jpg

325828931_tppLQ-L.jpg

325817050_6n8jh-L.jpg

Ooops...
325817922_cHDAw-L.jpg

325820762_YeWzn-L.jpg

325822270_sPupZ-L.jpg

325824161_E9Pdw-L.jpg

325826765_S4rGd-L.jpg

325827670_DWjBN-L.jpg

325823734_miJ7y-L.jpg

325824098_LrUBf-L.jpg

http://chrisharrison.smugmug.com/gallery/5332047_rQsrc

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Great pics!!! The animals were put away right? lol...

and that Clio looks fappying awesome!

I didnt even know it was on this weekend might pop out tomorro.

I only spotted it in the Wiltshire Times last night. Going to rain hard till about 7am tomorrow apparently but should clear up. Costs £5 to get in but they didn't have anyone on the gate today, probably will tomorrow as the Astons and Ferraris are out to play, probably be a bit busier.

LY R26
Astons in the wet sounds fun lol, I went to Combe today instead which was pretty good, busier than i thought.

Megane ST & R21 Turbo
I haven't been on here for while and just found this thread with some nice photographs ukaskew.
I was there both days competing, and as mentioned Saturday was windy but dry until 5`ish when it started to rain as for Sunday, I got there to fix some drive shaft problems on the Jedi at 6.30am and it just rained & rained & rained with a brief sunny spell at lunch time.
By the time the first batch of cars had started their timed runs the heavens opened big time and the meeting was eventually abandoned due to excessive water flowing across the track at various points.
This event was normally held in September and was moved to July for various reasons, one being a better chance of decent weather!!!
With the weather being wet at most of the meeting this year I should have kept to 21 turbo.

Megane ST & R21 Turbo
Slightly of track but still a hillclimb,
I was at Gurston Down yesterday and as the Jedi wasn't repaired I used the Clio!!
As totally standard 1.4 Clio's go it, gripped and remained stable much better than I thought with the only lack of torque and power holding the car back on the hard and long up hill section and I can whole heartily say that the best one of these can do is a mid 48s run (48.41, 48.62, 48.50, 49.71 due to a mistake trying to get that last half second)
I must also tell you I was in a class were there was Subaru, Mitsubishi Gto, TVR Griffin and a Porsche 911 so it no surprise I was last but I had great fun.
Defiantly the 21 turbo for August.

Megane ST & R21 Turbo
Any pics of you motor red21? Will have a look through and see if I have any.

Thank you, but which one ?
The black Jedi which I have only started to double drive this year number 49 at Longleat (white helmet) or the 21 Turbo (red) which I have used for the past 9 + years?? around the south/west?