ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Looing at 172s...1*1 vs 1*2?

Levin BZG
Hey folks. Have been looking at getting a standard 172, I need my air con. ;) A bit confused as to whether theres any real difference between the 1*1 and the 1*2 versions other than the facelift on the front. I've read that it might be better going for the 1*1 as the interiors are a little better with a hint of leather floating around, oh I can get one for 3500euro which is nice.:approve:

Oh and just to learn from others experience, I hear theres a split down the line as to whether the front seats are very comfortable or too spongy, any ideas? I'm six foot if that makes a difference.

Thanks

Ian

Focus TDCi
No it doesn't :)

You're basically going to get a semi-heated argument between ph1 and ph2 owners. There's not a lot in it. Some will say that the ph1 is getting old and some will say that the ph2 has lost a touch of the raw feel of the ph1. At the end of the day it's down to personal preference and the size of your wallet. Oh and both interiors come with half-leather seats don't they..?

Seats do wear depends on drivers and age and use etc

Personaly I find them ok much better than the all fabbed recaro seats but I use a back stiffner plate but then again Im 6 6 and the seats are worn

As for which to choice both have advantages and disadvantages I'd personaly it depends what you want but for driving fun the phase 1 is better but the phase 2 is newer hence should be ore eliable but has more electrical things to go wrong

Levin BZG
Sorry I did mean phase but saw that notation elsewhere in the forums so 'borrowed' it.;) I do prefer the look of ph2 but not enough to make me want to splurge. The cheapest facelifted 172 is more than twice the price, not a lot of options in Ireland.

Dunno about the half leathers, just read it that the ph1 was a better bet for interiors at the expense of exterior. Then again a lot of what I read online was a little confusing with people quoting 0-60s as 0-62s and vice versa. Oh and then some folks mixing in cup numbers too just for fun!:p

Coming from a levin I was just a bit worried by a very different arrangement in terms of a much more upright posture so I think I'll be investing in a decent back support myself. Also coming from a levin its all about fun so ph1 sounds perfect!:D

Cheers for the heads up.

Ph1
This thread is as clear as tuning into radio Luxenberg. :eek:

Ph1 172 is what you want. Raw, quicker and easier to tune than the ph2. Looks is down to personal choice.

172 ph1 2.4 transit
keep the levin, personally prefer RWD arse out fun but i am enjoyin the 172 ph1 experience alot more than i thought i would !!

RB FF 182
Levin BZR 1.6 20v Na

Unfortunately FWD, but some come with the LSD :) AFAIK they give a VTEC like kick and rev to around 8-9K, but correct me if i'm wrong!

0-0-levin3.jpg

normal_IMG_2407.gif