ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Look what I found on my drive! Let's play the guessing game...!

Monaco Blue Mk2
Driving home last night I heard a big 'clang'. Was pretty loud, at first I thought some c**t had thrown something at the car so I got out had a look round but no one to be seen and no apparent damage to the car, so just headed home. Anyway this morning I saw this lying on the ramp up to my drive. I quite 'geekily' recognised what it was straight away. Checked what I thought it was off the car and low and behold...It was missing!

Medal for the first person to guess what it is/where it's from!

DSC00228.jpg

DSC00229.jpg

DSC00230.jpg

Monaco Blue Mk2
^Bingo!

James and Stokoe

medal.jpg

Completley sheared off, in half, inside the nut.

Went to order new ones for all roundbut parts is shut today :(

Monaco Blue Mk2
Will do, I'm ringing up to order them tomorrow as I doubt they'll have them in. Gonna change all 4 rather than just the one, save having to do it agin in the future.

Monaco Blue Mk2
Nope, nothing at all, completely out of the blue. Thought it was fairly unusual/uncommon myself but guess it must have been a dodgy bolt.

Ad

MK2 FRS
Blue4Ever said:
Nope, nothing at all, completely out of the blue. Thought it was fairly unusual/uncommon myself but guess it must have been a dodgy bolt.

Hopefully mate. It is really odd. Have you had lowering spring fitted???

Any chance of a more detailed picture of the end of the bolt and the bit in the nut from the looks it looks like its got somehting in the bolt.
It might be the bolt was done totightetly I've cracked them before now when I torque them up above normal torque.

Monaco Blue Mk2
Could well of done it too tight I suppose. The bolt thread has sheared halfway inside the nut. The car has been lowered for around 2-3 months and it's only just happend now. 'tis strange!

Best pics I can do at the min with cam phone.

DSC00231.jpg

DSC00232.jpg

DSC00233.jpg

Ad

MK2 FRS
well the rust shows that the fracture has been happening for a while, and that it didnt break in one movement. My monies on over torquing as edde suggests.

Monaco Blue Mk2
Yep, that's what I thought with the specs of rust, must have been split and gradually deteriorated. Didn't notice the rust until I took those pics and the flash had lit them up, hard to see otherwise.

Ad

MK2 FRS
Bolts can be that expensive, but if they are, there is place in latchford village, ben got me some for the VX from here. Proper engineering workshop

To give you some idea, they were 80p each as opposed to £12+vat each from vauxhall and i needed 8!!!!

Monaco Blue Mk2
lol, yeah remember you saying about that. I'm ringing parts in the morning and can't see them costing too much but if they do I'll try there.

Ad

MK2 FRS
^^ youd be amazed how odd parts can cost silly money, but shouldnt be too expensive.

Monaco Blue Mk2
For the person who asked and anyone else interested, it's £1.19 per bolt and 96p per nut. Don't have them in so have to order them, however you have to pay in person before you can order them....My car is undriveable really so how you're meant to do that I don't know.

edde - what's the specified torque for them?

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Mate ive got a torque rench at my house pop down anytime n ill lend u it. ill look later for the setting on my home pc