ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Looking for 1.4 Dynamique? How much and what to look out for?

Meg 300Cup
Looking for my next car and decided I cant put up with 1.2's any longer lol

I'm 17 and out of all of the options I think the Clio is the best bet but I'm struggling to find a 1.4 dynamique

Want under 60,000 miles but how much is this gonna cost me? Ideally don't want to spend more than 2500

And is there anything need to look out for?

Cheers

ph2 172
I spent 2200 on a 1.4 04 plate with 74k on the clock. pretty good condition.
Ask for proof if they say the cam/aux belts were done.

Meg 300Cup
Some woman crunched my 1.2 fiesta and I was given a 1.4 8v punto, it feels very different when overtaking and going up hills so i figured the 1.4 16v would feel even better? And the Clio 1.2 is a little slower than my fiesta and would rather not go backwards tbh

Cheers :)

Loving the forum and building up a list of mods too :p

clio dynamique 1.4
my 1.4 cost £2200 on a 03 plate with fsh and proof of belts done. Had it since october and by far best buy, and just a fun little car to drive

There is feck all noticeable difference between a 1.2 and 1.4, both are still slow as hell. The money you save insuring/running the smaller engine can go towards saving for when you can insure something with a decent bit of power, think about it.

Last edited:

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
IMO the 1.2 16v & 8v tends to be a bit more rattly than the 1.4's.

If you can find yourself a Dynamique+ you get a couple of extra goodies like electric sunroof and uprated speakers etc. I had a 1.4 Dynamique+ before my 182 and i loved it, was pretty nippy did everything I wanted it to.

Stuiemc

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi RS3, Clio 172
i noticed the difference straight away my last 1.2 struggled to get past 80 and then 80 to 100 was a fight lol. my 1.4 has no problem getting up to 100 and past.

Fabia VRS
my 1.2 is great... just so loud (engine noise)

Anything bigger than a 1.2 and insurance will rape me :/

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
my 1.2 is great... just so loud (engine noise)

Anything bigger than a 1.2 and insurance will rape me :/

Are you sure? There wasnt alot of difference for me when i was looking, before i got the 1.4.

Fabia VRS
Just had a look what it would be for a 1.6 and its like 4K insurance with mum as named driver...

www.renparts.co.uk
There is a noticeable difference between the 1.2 16v and the 1.4 16v, K4J (1.4 16v) is also a much better engine imo and likes the Revs more. There is very little between the 1.4 and the 1.6.

Meg 300Cup
2.8k for the 1.4 for me on my own, 3k for a Vtr and 5k for an MG ZR lol

Insurance is great isnt it :p

Sack £2.8k to insure a 1.4, not a chance in hell I'd pay that. A 1.2 is fine for a 17 year old.

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
There is a noticeable difference between the 1.2 16v and the 1.4 16v, K4J (1.4 16v) is also a much better engine imo and likes the Revs more. There is very little between the 1.4 and the 1.6.

+1 Make's a noticeable difference especially up the gear's and motorway speeds

Fabia VRS
my insurance atm on a 1.2 is like 2K ...

Im keeping the 1.2 until it goes down

Its an utter joke tbh!

Bux

Golf GTD
That is crazy insurance prices! I agree with what the others are saying, keep the 1.2. You wouldnt really notice the difference between the 1.2 and the 1.4.

Meg 300Cup
I don't care what anyone says the only realistic way for a normal 17 year old to be affordably insured is to be a named driver, fronting or not, it's just not do-able, I'm on 18k and just to insure a car I have to wipe 2k+ off minimum

Not good

ph2 172
How much difference are we talking mate?
And what sort of mpg are you getting now?
Cheers

Well before the 1.2 would get smashed off a 1.4 mg zr, about 2.5 secs different to 60 and a huge gap at the end of a straight road.
The 1.4 keeps with it.

mpg from my OBC right now is 32.8
You have to rev it less that the 1.2, and it pulls better in every gear all over the rev range.

Try Admiral/elephant/bell
I'm with admiral cheapest for me at £1730 fully comp, both parents as named and me as owner/main driver

You wouldnt really notice the difference between the 1.2 and the 1.4.

You will notice a difference.

Meg 300Cup
Well before the 1.2 would get smashed off a 1.4 mg zr, about 2.5 secs different to 60 and a huge gap at the end of a straight road.
The 1.4 keeps with it.

mpg from my OBC right now is 32.8
You have to rev it less that the 1.2, and it pulls better in every gear all over the rev range.

Try Admiral/elephant/bell
I'm with admiral cheapest for me at £1730 fully comp, both parents as named and me as owner/main driver

You will notice a difference.

How old are you mate that quote is amazing :O How many miles? Where do you say you park overnight? And occupation?

My quote was with admiral, but I put my occupation as manufacturing cos mine wasn't really there, then I read it's high risk because of strss? WTF lol

Just checked dvla and mine is still alive and kicking!

The enquiry is complete

The vehicle details for SD52 ZSX are:

Date of Liability 01 05 2011
Date of First Registration 28 11 2002
Year of Manufacture 2002
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1390CC
CO2 Emissions 160g/Km
Fuel Type Petrol
Export Marker Not Applicable
Vehicle Status Licence Not Due
Vehicle Colour BLACK
Vehicle Type Approval M1

Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle
6 Months Rate £85.25
12 Months Rate £155.00

ph2 172
How old are you mate that quote is amazing :O How many miles? Where do you say you park overnight? And occupation?

My quote was with admiral, but I put my occupation as manufacturing cos mine wasn't really there, then I read it's high risk because of strss? WTF lol

I'm 19, been driving for 14 months as a named driver (so 0 NCB), 2000 miles a year, i tell them i park on the road outside my house, occuption is a full time student and a part time job as a waiter.

Pm and i could help you get your premiums down.

TT 225+
this is MENTAL!!!!!!!1111one

i paid 900 quid to insure my 1.2 at 17! and ive just renewed for 290 quid fully comp.

Meg 300Cup
this is MENTAL!!!!!!!1111one

i paid 900 quid to insure my 1.2 at 17! and ive just renewed for 290 quid fully comp.

That's not fair, your 20 lol
And I bet when I'm 20 with the same no claims it will still be 3 times as much as yours now lol

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
FLOL at all the 1.4 owners trying to slate 1.2s. Owned one for 3 years and yes, its slow and the engines can feel rough, especially when cold.

Fair enough, a 1.4 may run abit smoother and sure, it will be quicker, but not by much. Certainly not worth the extra money to buy/run/insure!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
if i was getting something so slow id want something cheap to run so id go dci power! 65mpg, £20 a year tax and cheap insurance, also much better to drive than gutless small engine petrols.

if it has to be petrol go for the 1.6 16v its not much more to insure and it has a wee bit more torque, still slow as f**k though!! my mrs has one, only reason we bought it is because of all the options on it, we were originally looking for a dci 80.