ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Looks like my bean got written off this aft :(

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
So I was in a queue of traffic in Leeds this aft and the lad behind accidently slipped off his clutch and went into the back of me. Absolutely gutted. The boot floor now has a large bend in it so I'd say it's going to be a write off which is a shitter

20190217_135943.jpg

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
Sorry to hear. Make sure you buy the salvage though. Tell insurance company immediately that’s what you want to do and if possible don’t allow it to taken to a yard. You’ll have to pay to get it recovered back to you.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry to hear. Make sure you buy the salvage though. Tell insurance company immediately that’s what you want to do and if possible don’t allow it to taken to a yard. You’ll have to pay to get it recovered back to you.

I think I'll have to let them have it, I don't have anywhere that I can keep it ?. The only thing I could do is find someone willing to buy and take it asap!

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Dam that's a bummer. I hate fucktards who don't put their bloody hand brake on! Just have it dumped in your usual parking space and put a for sale thread in here ASAP if your unable to do anything with it or need the room for another car. Someone will save it or break it if you can't.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Dam that's a bummer. I hate fucktards who don't put their bloody hand brake on! Just have it dumped in your usual parking space and put a for sale thread in here ASAP if your unable to do anything with it or need the room for another car. Someone will save it or break it if you can't.

Cheers, they'll be ringing me in the morning (just weekend staff when I reported it) and will see about keeping it when I speak to them... It's given me a nice headache at the moment so just going to leave it tonight.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Slipped off the clutch ?

Must have been up your arse to do that or it would have just stalled.

Just get a new bumper and bash the boot floor back down

Don't think he was right up my arse before the point of impact at least lol. Think he was one of those strange folk who like to waist their clutch by slowly creeping forward a bit instead of just waiting with the handbrake on. He was young too!

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Don't think he was right up my arse before the point of impact at least lol. Think he was one of those strange folk who like to waist their clutch by slowly creeping forward a bit instead of just waiting with the handbrake on. He was young too!

Was he on his phone?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Agreed, especially if the boot floor is now creased. Will be interesting to hear the value the insurance company give you.

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
1 hr, a chain and shackles, hammer, washer, and a spanner would get that somewhere near.
Fixed far worse than that at a Sprint one day for the owner to drive home after hitting the tyre wall.
Definately consider buying it back and just using it as it is. You will get paid out and still have a cheap fun car to drive round in.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
The boot doesn't shut either!

Mad, my 70mph crash on track did less damage than this it seems.

Definitely buy it back.

PH2 172

Yes I have thanks. I've had this car 6 years now and it's been within CS ownership for a lot longer than that. I had a 172 for 5 before that. I'm an enthusiast so I'm not sure what your trying to suggest tbh?

That your enthusiasm does not extend to saving a car that needs a minor repair, and would prefer to collect a large insurance pay out?

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
That your enthusiasm does not extend to saving a car that needs a minor repair, and would prefer to collect a large insurance pay out?

f**k off being a patronising dick!!
I'm not a mechanic and I don't have a drive to store the car on. But that doesn't mean I don't like my car. It was involved in a crash so it got reported to the insurance as it should have been. I'll see what happens when they get in touch tomorrow. I might or I might not look at getting it fixed. I've never said I'd prefer to collect a "large insurance payout" which lets be honest 4k is far from...

PH2 172
f**k off being a patronising dick!!
I'm not a mechanic and I don't have a drive to store the car on. But that doesn't mean I don't like my car. It was involved in a crash so it got reported to the insurance as it should have been. I'll see what happens when they get in touch tomorrow. I might or I might not look at getting it fixed. I've never said I'd prefer to collect a "large insurance payout" which lets be honest 4k is far from...

I`m sure if you can doctor a photo proving it was straight last week, you will get away with it

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
I`m sure if you can doctor a photo proving it was straight last week, you will get away with it

Seriously what the f**k are you talking about? Get away with what??? I have nothing to proove. Are you trying to suggest I'm lying about the state of my boot floor prior to the incident?
Don't judge me by your own poor standards if that's the case.

Clio 172 2003
Hope I can steal a part of this thread.
Tuesday 2 weeks ago i had a van drive into my clio's arse. So first of all I'd like your opinion on who will be to take the blame.
It was during my commute to work on a country lane with heavy trafic as it's one of the main roads from A3 to Brooklands & Woking. I had plenty of space ahead of me and there was a lorry pulling out of a T junction onto my lane from the left. I slowed down to give it space. On the oposite lane i noticed a large queue of cars with the first one wanting to come across the road to go into where the lorry just came from (File 1) as the traffic was heavy and the queue behind the car already long rather than accelerate and follow the lorry now ahead of me i came to a stop folowed by a sound of horn and a moderately big shunt from behind. (The outcome is in the other files)
I have exchanged details with the guy, seemed nice enough fella. Told him im going to assess the damage before we decode what to do. If its just the bumper i would be ok with going outside the insurance and him paying for a 2nd hand one or respray. Otherwise we would have to figure it out. Unfortunately today when i found time to check whats underneath the bumper and the rear structure is bent so it will have to go the other way.

Question 1. According to law am i partly to blame because i stopped to allow oncoming car to leave that junction?

Question 2. What's the best way to make a claim without going through my insurance? Wouldn't want my no claim discount go or premoums to go up.

Cheers!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190217-201624__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20190217-201624__01.jpg
    754.8 KB · Views: 432
  • IMG_20190206_182942.jpg
    IMG_20190206_182942.jpg
    926.9 KB · Views: 370
  • IMG_20190217_162837.jpg
    IMG_20190217_162837.jpg
    1,007.2 KB · Views: 392
  • IMG_20190217_162829.jpg