ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

losing power

clio 1.2 16v (facelift)
i have just installed loads of new ice, my battery keeps going dead and the subs and 6x9s keep cutting out, all the wires ie, power,earth and remote lead are all connected properly, whats happeneing,

Golf Mk3 Gti 8v
my mate had this problem in his clio he was driving along and all of a sudden the bass would go of or the 6x9s they where both amp btw. not heard of a battery going dead tho do you mean as in everything goes off??
btw we never sorted his problem out lol

RenaultSport Clio 182 CUP
Are you using the correct power and earth leads as you will need differnt ratings depending on how much power your drawing. Also, you probly need a power cap(s) and if you have loads of ice, probly a second battery as well

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Check the voltage on your alternator. If you aint gettin any output from your alternator or verry little then your ice is just running off your battery hence why its dying.

But also if you got massive amps drawing loads of power. and you got the volume cranked up you may be using more juce than your alternator can produce. if this is the case you could get a bigger altenator. there are other options aswell like having a second battery aswell

Dave

clio 1.2 16v (facelift)
i have got too amps, 1 500watts for my 6x9s and a monoblock, 2x 800wattsrms 2000watts peak to run my 2 jbl subs,
was running fine then my battery just went dead one morning,
now it keeps dieing and this morning all the subs and 6x9s were coming on and off,
could the remote lead at back of headunit some loose?
also am usint correct wires,
well hope so as the wiring kit cost me £70

Caps do NOTHING! Dont waste your time ot money. Basically your draining the battery quicker than the alternator can fill it up. Either you need a bigger/more efficient alternator and/or a bigger better battery.

It dont matter if you had the nost expensive wiring kit in the world. if you dont wire it up right in the first place then its gona rubbish.

My best bet would be your alternator get that checked out first

Dave

clio 1.2 16v (facelift)
will do,
whats the best weay to wire it all,
i can only get all ythe leads down one side of the car,
the passenger side,
any help would be great, im gonna re wire it all tonight,

you need to make shure you get some good earths. they make all the difference and make shure your crimps are neat if you got some strands of copper hanging out if them and they earth to the chassis you could be draining the power that way. just make shure its all neat is my best advise. also if you want to see if your battery is nakard too is remove your battery charge it up. measure the voltage. leave it for a day and measurethe voltage again to see if its holding its charge. if not get yourself a new one
good luck mate hope ypu sort it out:D

clio 1.2 16v (facelift)
thanks alot mate,
also the earth and power cable are to thivck to go into the amp, how do i fit them in, am using distribution blocks and then using smaller cable to connect to amp.

put spade connectors on the end of the bigger cables, going into a distribution block then smaller cables out is pointless, doing that you may aswell jus run the smaller cables all the way through.

not spade cables, spade connectors. They are a y shaped connector that will fit into the amp in place of the bare cable

clio 1.2 16v (facelift)
are, i know them, cheer people. also will there be a noticible dirrerence in sond quality with regards to were the earth cable goes

as long as you have it cvonnected to an earth point, and its a good connection then no. I've always earthed to the back of my rear lights

clio 1.2 16v (facelift)
im currently earthed on the bolt behind the back seats,
was told the bolt just under were the boot closes is the best place,
also can irun the 2 subs and 6x9s of the same amp?

Personally I would always run seperate monoblocks for amps or a 2 channel amp running one sub per channel, and a seperate 2 channel amp for the 6x9's. Tho thats probably due to my back ground in hifi. I would never put more than one speaker per channel tho, so best bet is a either what i said or a 4 channel amp.

clio 1.2 16v (facelift)
i have a 4 channel amp, here are the stats, how can i run it a 2ohms?
4/3/2 channel/bridgeable power amplifier
80W x 4 (4 ohm stereo)
250W x 2 (4 ohm bridged)
12dB HP/LP fixed crossovers
Full range aux output
Dimensions: 13.75L x 10.875W x 2.25H

dont run it 2ohm, you'll blow it up in no time. If you want to use that, bridge it and run it 2 channel. Though to be the honest the setup youjr running at the moment sounds like its better spec

Polo + Micra
yeah you can run it in 4 channel into 2 ohms (same loading as being bridged)

i think a big three upgrade is in order then maybe a new batt (highest capacity you can fit measured in Ah)

Polo + Micra
you need two ohm speakers to run it at two ohms

the big three is

- cable from battery(-) to chassis

- cable from engine to chassis

+ cable from alternator to battery(+)

Polo + Micra
reduces the losses in the cable so more power is avaliable to charge batt/run ice.

clio 1.2 16v (facelift)
Pheonix gold amp as i showed you,
2x jblgt4-12 subs 250watts rms 1000watts peak
jbl 6x9 100watts rms 300watts peak
splx 500watt amp (for 6x9s~)
kenwood headunit, 1x2.2v pre-out

Personally i would set it up like this

HU preout - Phoenix amp - subs
HU preout - SPLX AMP - 6x9s

Run 2 Good quality cables from battery to amps.
Upgrade alternator and cable from alternator to battery
Upgrade battery earth

Polo + Micra
two subs running bridged off the PG

and sell the splx and 6x9's and buy a set of comps

clio 1.2 16v (facelift)
HU only has 1 pre out,
also how do i get to the factory speakers that are in the rear? wouldrather run the 6x9s off or the hu,

ronny7787 said:
HU only has 1 pre out,
also how do i get to the factory speakers that are in the rear? wouldrather run the 6x9s off or the hu,

in that case from memory the SPLX will have a preout pass through, so go

HU preout - SPLX -6x9s
SPLX preout pass through - Phoenix gold - subs

clio 1.2 16v (facelift)
thats how it was but due to me not havin a sub out the 6x9 just destort straight away,
do u kno how to get the the rear clio speakers, next to the back seats?

open the boot, look directly under the grilles, theres some foam padding held in place by a black piece of rubber/plastic, this pulls out and then u can get to the back of the speaker.