ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lots of squeeking from new Pads. Newbee Help!

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Okay,

So I bought and fitting some K-tec brake pads to my Clio today after refusing to pay a garage £100 for the luxury. Ive read various guides and watch some videos and I was surprised at how easy it was. Took the old pads out, but did struggle to compress the piston and I only had a piss poor tiny G clamp. Anyway, fitted the new ones and the brakes work fine, good as new. However......they squeek like nobodies buisness! They even squeek a tiny bit when I pull away or move slowly and my foots not even on the brake?

Any ideas on a fix, is this normal? Sorry, just its my first time doing them.

Could it be because i didn't compress the piston enough so they are rubbing the disc?

Mark

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Certain pads it is advised to remove the shims off the back and also file the edges/corners off the pads.

This may not be the case with yours as I'm not up on k-tecs pads.

Not an expert but did you put copper grease on the back of the pads, also have they bedded in yet?

I recently did mine with mintex 1144 pads at first slightly squeaky at low speeds but fine now after about 300miles.

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Not an expert but did you put copper grease on the back of the pads, also have they bedded in yet?

I recently did mine with mintex 1144 pads at first slightly squeaky at low speeds but fine now after about 300miles.

No I didn't put any copper grease on the pads. They've only been driven for about 10miles, LOL! Maybe im just having a flap because ive never done it before.

On the back of the pad. The side which doesn't make contact with the disc. This is very important. Give K_tec a ring or am sure someone on here will comment.

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
On the back of the pad. The side which doesn't make contact with the disc. This is very important. Give K_tec a ring or am sure someone on here will comment.

Okay, thank you, Ive made a thread in the K-tec section and await a reply, if not I may just give them a quick call tomorrow.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Mine squeak like a b**ch, gray said i didn't bed them in properly :(

A day on track keeps them quiet for a few months though, so i think its just because they are rarely getting enough heat in them.

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
discs could be the issue, or you've fucked up

Disc's are fine. The pads are fitted in the correct place, only thing I wondered was if I didn't push the piston right in is if it could be pushing the pads onto the discs when driving?