ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Love the 197 in Racing Blue (Goodwood pics)

Mini Cooper S sport
Saw it at Goodwood today in both red and blue, and I was very impressed with it in the racing blue. It looks far better in the metal than it does in pictures. It had the extra dark tints at the back and most of the optional extras. The seats are brilliant, they really hold you in (or seem to from sitting in it!). Love the start button too :cool:

Didn't expect to like it at all, but I was quite impressed, it stands out far more than I expected and looks quite aggressive from the front and rear.

CIMG0919.jpg

85706291.jpg

31cb8764.jpg

Couple taken on my phone:

08072006078.jpg

08072006077.jpg

And in red:

08072006076.jpg

08072006075.jpg

And the veyron!

c2739b9e.jpg

8a17646e.jpg

Oh and some random celebrity we bumped into (obviously looking for his right arm which has fallen off!):

CIMG0928.jpg

All in all, was a great day ^^ he is REALLY small btw!

Last edited:
Racing Blue said:
I was starstruck :eek: (should have told him episodes 1-7 were sh*t)
Awww, bless ya!!

Im gonig to look at the 197 tommorow. I do quite like it, but its just the price that really puts me off! Sooooo many cars you can buy for that price!

lol, well spotted! Its nice, just needs a few touches as I said earlier! :D

But 17k!! It would have to be VERY good for me to pay that! Its into the price leagues of S3/FRS/LCR/Golf. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Mini Cooper S sport
Revels106 said:
lol, well spotted! Its nice, just needs a few touches as I said earlier! :D

But 17k!! It would have to be VERY good for me to pay that! Its into the price leagues of S3/FRS/LCR/Golf. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I wouldn't bother buying one brand new anyway..maybe this time next year when you can pick them up for 12-13k.

That's true Loony, but too many people were watching! Thing is the original (un-remastered) ones were genius so I'll let him off..

Mini Cooper S sport
Loony said:
Not even a swift kick in the spuds for jaja binks?

They're coming out on DVD later in the year apparently!

I thought he was never going to release them! Oh God, Jar-Jar Binks, how he allowed that on film I don't know.

Um *cough* anyway, the cars were very cool. So many Ferraris, Astons etc in the car park, made me want to be very rich :( , I even followed a rarri out of the place (and no-one looked twice at my crappy 10k Clio funnily enough)

106 GTi
Felt the opposite on the Racing Blue was not to keen on it at all on the 197 yesterday.

Maz

LY 200
Didn't get to see it in the flesh :( everytime we passed the doors to the reno stand thing were closed

106 GTi
They must have shut up when they saw your coming! ;)

Is weird - Was always open when we went past.

al

ST on the way...
The racing blue looks very nice, needs the gordini stripes tho for that retro feel! ;)

dk

911 GTS Cab
looking forward to seeing the racing blue tomorrow because as we all know, it never looks the same in pics and all the pics on here so far have looked different so I want to see it 'live' to see if it suits the 197, not sure as of yet, i like the red best so far but for the 182 i still think racing blue is the best colour.

I really don't like the new clio's. I think they kind of look a bit like a fiat punto sporting.

They don't look sporty enough. The inside is nice though. Had a look at one in renault Wolverhampton.

Not to my taste.

Dont have driverslicence
Nice pics fella, i like the car in every colour and racing bleu is also gorgeus.
Only it is the only color that i didn't see in real...

Racing Blue said:
I thought he was never going to release them! Oh God, Jar-Jar Binks, how he allowed that on film I don't know.

Um *cough* anyway, the cars were very cool. So many Ferraris, Astons etc in the car park, made me want to be very rich :( , I even followed a rarri out of the place (and no-one looked twice at my crappy 10k Clio funnily enough)

If it makes you feel beter I saw your clio (or at least one like it it the car park). It was very clean.

Got to love the 197 for those flared arches. It reminds me of valvers and williams.

Weeman sucks ****
Chris K said:
I really don't like the new clio's. I think they kind of look a bit like a fiat punto sporting.

They don't look sporty enough. The inside is nice though. Had a look at one in renault Wolverhampton.

Not to my taste.

I'm with you on that mate, looks too soft imo. But, give it time...;)

85706291dark.gif

106 GTi
superfastdan said:
who's the blondie in the first pic??!!

There where a couple of nice ladies on the Renault stand, the Blonde on the merchandise stand was ;)

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
I love the racing blue. But then I'm bound to.

The first mod on mine is definately anthracite wheels.

VRS
love the colour!
loks mean from the front :) but soft from the side :(
think i will be sticking with the 182 for now