ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Low on Petrol

vers le haut doigt milieu
Couldn't be bothered to fill up last night as my petrol left to empty was saying 43miles got home maybe 28 left, drove to work 11 miles and on route reset the thing. It came back however with ----, the petrol station is 3 miles from where I work does this mean I'm not gonna make it?

woowho, i hope so otherwise Im gonna be pissed off, I'm not buying a gerry can!

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
was there no petrol stations on the way home??
its a gamble, the computer probably plays it safe to some extent,
bt the alternative is running out and glogging your injectors

so.. are you feeling lucky??
or you cud jst take a drum up there,
bit of hassle but you brought it on urself lol :p

Couldnt be bothered I had been awake for over 30 hours and after an 11 hour photo shoot I just couldnt be arsed to stop. Then I got 2 hours sleep before going to work this moarning, again couldnt be bothered to stop as my eyes where stinging.

I'm not feeling lucky more Tired and Hungry, but I've gotta sort out the lottery before I go home....

...hard work is no fun...

i think mine also switches its warning light on at about 40miles (the OBC suspends some of the mileage readings until it's topped up again). the tank in mine takes around 9.5 gallons to top up once the light has come on; it's an 11 gallon tank - so you should be OK if you drive it carefully

Perfectly fine, no problems at all. Am broke till friday due to having spent thousands on car parts so I had to fill up with 95 octane, now I feel dirty!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Still have 10 ltrs of fuel when my red light comes on, that should be 70-80 miles easy.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
it's never gona past just being on for me, orange/red same difference, how do you think i ended up with an inferno ;)

gottya! I hate the way when u really acutly car how many miles u can do before u run out ur computer doesnt just say no it says "----"!

I was far too tired. Had spent a hard day taking pictures of beautiful people!

clio 172, pulsar, evo
Perfectly fine, no problems at all. Am broke till friday due to having spent thousands on car parts so I had to fill up with 95 octane, now I feel dirty!

ha haaa! come back to the dark side bash. 95 octane eh??? :D
times must be hard to risk you engine!

Got mine down to 35 miles left yesterday, no lights came on, the needle was in the red. There was literally no where to fill up as until I got to a service garage (I was on a motorway) - then I got raped for £57.15 !! On some high end BP shizz.

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
Do any of you guys always fill up to the top? I always tend to just put a set amount in. I.e, £20 or £30 quid usually.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Always fill to top, don't fill up till light comes on, hate the hole filling up with petrol process.

don't usually but i've just been on a 1000+ml excursion in it and had to brim it three times (£150:dead: )

being a geek, i checked the accuracy of the OBC mpg readout whilst i was at it and think it's within 3-5% on mine

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
Anyone think that you are using more fuel by having more fuel? if that makes sense?

Probably wont make much difference, but in my 1.2 there is a deffinate difference in performance from a full tank to say, 1/2 a tank.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Anyone think that you are using more fuel by having more fuel? if that makes sense?

Probably wont make much difference, but in my 1.2 there is a deffinate difference in performance from a full tank to say, 1/2 a tank.

Weight!

172//Crap Micra//Bus
Mines been on dirty 95Ron for absolutely ages now... and it aint liking it one bit, at least prices are now dropping slightly :) Now mines of the road too :(

fill up half Tesco's 99 and half 95 so u should then u'll have 97 octaine petrol.

maybe I dunno, i was just joking. if u wanna try it and let me know. Sort of makes sense...

Clio 200
i only stick £10-£20 in at a time for a very good reason.

If i fill the car to the top il go and burn it simply because its there, Where as if it only has quarter a tank i really wont cane it as much

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
i fill up every friday no matter how much i have left in the tank. find it easier to monitor how much im using that way

182 & Porsche 986
i fill up half a tank and make it last for the week, unless i'm going somewere far i rarely fill it to the top.

vaux cavalier
I suffer performance wise with a full tank, but I also suffer performance wise due to weather conditions....

In hot weather I can touch XXXmph on my local private road, In the early hours, (around 5am), I can get almost 10mph quicker over the same length of road....

Remove fuel and stereo and I can't say how quick it is, (goes off the clock over the same stretch)....

Weight = bad news for economy & performance.....