ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowdown on Comps!!

BMW 125i
Just bought myself some Rainbow comps and co-axials, i managed to fit the co-ax's today but didn't have time for the comps!! But i was wanting to know how i go about fitting these, i take it the speaker replaces the original speaker you can then link it up with the old tweeters or the new ones (i take it?? :S :eek: ) then link to the cross-over box and hide it somwhere!!! It really is quite complicated, diagrams and other instruction would be great!!! cheers guys, Help me!!!!

172 coming soon
CrossoverSet-up.gif

Thats as basic a diagram as i can do :D

Should be straight forward enough to explain it for you, and yes, the new component speakers do away with the original speakers and tweeters in the car..

For any more help, just PM me

172 coming soon
Well that just shows him how to wire the crossovers without mentioning an amp, which is all he asked for..

But if he decides to buy an amp, then the sound quality will be much better as ya would expect :D

just be careful if you're running them off an amp, i've always had a probly with rainbows not reaching their stated rms and blowing too easily

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2
quez said:
just be careful if you're running them off an amp, i've always had a probly with rainbows not reaching their stated rms and blowing too easily
Really?

I have a pair of SLC230's which are rated at 80Wrms @ 4ohms, and a JBL75.4 which is rated at 100Wrms per channel @ 4ohms. That shouldn't be too much power for them should it?