ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lower cost go pro alternative

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Yeah eBay special, it does the job. The clamp itself doesn't go all the way around but its very secure, I suppose it would be though the clamps FT LOL.

As you can see below it doesn't move and theres an ever so slight rattle but I think thats to do with the frame the camera is in.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Which is the current one to go for? I'm looking at spending between £50&75.
Need it before the 18th so not looking to order from China etc..

terryc101

ClioSport Club Member
Which is the current one to go for? I'm looking at spending between £50&75.
Need it before the 18th so not looking to order from China etc..

Go for the Sjcam Sj4000 for that price, it cant reallt be beaten for the money. Try and buy from amazon if you want it asap, i bought one from a supposed UK seller on ebay and it still turned up a few weeks after the date with a chinese postage label on.

Link for example
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01CNVJVBC/?tag=cliospnet01-21

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Go for the Sjcam Sj4000 for that price, it cant reallt be beaten for the money. Try and buy from amazon if you want it asap, i bought one from a supposed UK seller on ebay and it still turned up a few weeks after the date with a chinese postage label on.

Link for example
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01CNVJVBC/?tag=cliospnet01-21

Cheers Terry, I've ordered that along with an accessories kit, as card and , 2 spare batteries..

Now to work out what I'm going to use if for in Wales!

terryc101

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers Terry, I've ordered that along with an accessories kit, as card and , 2 spare batteries..

Now to work out what I'm going to use if for in Wales!

Filming shee...sorry!

If it comes boxed as it should it will come with a decent amount of accessories & mounts to get you started. Check for fitment of the camera in the waterproof case when you get it, I didnt realise until I played back a load of footage id recorded that the camera was moving ever so slightly in the case causing a very annoying rattle. It comes with some stickyback foam stuff that I put around the edge to stop this.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
a4b21515f7a2738bac5561a480508e49.jpg

I've bought fake SJCAM one for about £35 of eBay, very impressed with the video quality, but when i put a video on Windows Media Player that i recorded whilst driving, its impossible to watch, keeps freezing and buffering, and can not fast forward it as it crashes, granted its about 30mins long and about 1GB but plays no problem when viewing it from the Camera its self :S Any ideas?

terryc101

ClioSport Club Member
I've bought fake SJCAM one for about £35 of eBay, very impressed with the video quality, but when i put a video on Windows Media Player that i recorded whilst driving, its impossible to watch, keeps freezing and buffering, and can not fast forward it as it crashes, granted its about 30mins long and about 1GB but plays no problem when viewing it from the Camera its self :confused: Any ideas?

Have you copied the video over onto the pc or are you trying to play it from the camera via a cable? My Sjcam isn't great for playback from the camera on windows media or the like.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
After all that I ended up buying this go pro + lcd from currys special deal 100 quid. Had to go to bloody rotherham to get it tho ha
Nice drive back over snake pass tho

42fb9ed18a5e7185669be55b0bd97b24.jpg

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
I did a lot of looking into them, cant remember exactly now as was ages ago!

Believe you can tell by whats printed on the actual camera casing on the front I think. Can't tell from the listing

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
I've just bought two SJCams, the box in the listing does look like mine. SJCam have a store on Amazon. I bought mine direct to avoid complications