ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lower than Freds!

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

wasnt this the guy with just very low cut springs?

sure fred spoke to him?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

£50 says fred gets new rear springs to fight the good fight.

Lionel Richie

the back is the same as mine, but the front is slightly lower

and yes its on airbags!!!

i wonder if he fancys a race on the twisties!!!

oh and he has a 50bhp direct port nitrous system on it too!!! (1.2 16V)

Lionel Richie

instead of a spring, you have a thick rubber bag, the driver can pump it up to raise the car or let air out to lower it (you have an onboard compressor connected to them)

looks cool, and would be useful for getting over speedbumps etc, but would handle like a bag of poo poo (moist poo poo)

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

does the clio cup racer not have air bags??? im pretty sure i read it does, air bags dont mean crap handling.... hydrolics give you sh*t handling cos they dont compress.... but air bags can because u can compress air but not liquid... driven a saxo vts with bags on it, and it handled fine !

Quote: Originally posted by MaLicE on 31 May 2005

does the clio cup racer not have air bags???

Step away from the crack pipe!!

no clio cup racers do not have airbags, they have coilover units front and rear, the lower on the rear is attached to a ball/socket joint and the front wishbones are megane items IIRC, definately no airbags on the car inside or out.

Quote: Originally posted by MaLicE on 31 May 2005

does the clio cup racer not have air bags??? im pretty sure i read it does, air bags dont mean crap handling.... hydrolics give you sh*t handling cos they dont compress.... but air bags can because u can compress air but not liquid... driven a saxo vts with bags on it, and it handled fine !

Hydrolics dont really give you that bad handling if you have them set-up correctly. Hydrolic cylinders will compress as long as there is a correctly weighted acumilator(s) in the system. If these acumilators are switched or closed off however the ride is very harsh.

Mark

H22A7 Accord Type R

the way i see it............if it wasnt hydraulics...........it wouldnt move.....lol

Scenic mk1 (F3R)

Quote: Originally posted by case on 31 May 2005
Quote: Originally posted by MaLicE on 31 May 2005does the clio cup racer not have air bags??? im pretty sure i read it does, air bags dont mean crap handling.... hydrolics give you sh*t handling cos they dont compress.... but air bags can because u can compress air but not liquid... driven a saxo vts with bags on it, and it handled fine ![/QUOTE] Hydrolics dont really give you that bad handling if you have them set-up correctly. Hydrolic cylinders will compress as long as there is a correctly weighted acumilator(s) in the system. If these acumilators are switched or closed off however the ride is very harsh.Mark
gotta agree there since i destroyed my car ive been driving my dads bx and i was realy suprised by the handeling on that. im lookin at gettin 1 to fill the gap till i get a williams then once ive got 1 im gonna help my dad find a bx 16v.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 31 May 2005

iirc that first clio has just had air bags fitted. He drives it on a drop of 165mm it can go lower but its basically sat on the arch liners then.

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by Waitey on 31 May 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 31 May 2005

iirc that first clio has just had air bags fitted. He drives it on a drop of 165mm it can go lower but its basically sat on the arch liners then.

id pay money to see him ACTUALLY drive it like that everyday!!!

it would be nigh on impossible