ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowering a 1.4 16v - worth it?

WANTED Arctic 182
Basically not sure whether to lower (and do more mods) my clio. It's a Mk 2 Ph 2 05 plate. I'm only 18 and I was going to get a 182 but insurance is 4k+ ! Was thinking of just doing a few simple things like lower, 172 alloys and maybe an exhaust.

Lowering is my priority and looking to drop around 60mm. I'm unsure with what to use, springs or coilovers. I don't want too harsh a ride and coilies would be nice.

Does anyone know which coilies are best and how much they roughly going to cost?

Thanks!

Coilovers but spend a lot or not at all there few decient setups worth it though

H and R are a good coilover same for KW but thats not cheap say £700

As for is it worth it its difficult to say you'll never make money but its ll about enjoyment

I will be stripping my car soon to turn it back to standard (keeping some parts to go onto a 172) but will have my FK highsport coilovers up for sale if your interested... not sure on price yet but will be alot cheaper than buying brand new.

A

andyjm28

Im 18 and didnt have the money for coilovers, stick to Pi 60mm lowering springs because so much cheaper and i love em!
mine:
5.gif

If you've got your heart set on a 182 save your money & just get some springs as no dout your insurance wont be cheap on a 182!

when i had my 1.4 dynamique i wanted coilovers but knew i wouldnt have it long so just fitted some 172 springs, made a good difference looks & handling wise, always loved driving it.

Clio1416v.jpg

320d
I will be stripping my car soon to turn it back to standard (keeping some parts to go onto a 172) but will have my FK highsport coilovers up for sale if your interested... not sure on price yet but will be alot cheaper than buying brand new.

So tempting on these coilies, damm directline insurance. Hate my high car :(

Golf TDI
i had p.i lowering springs on my first car , and they dropped it down a hefty bit . although i then wanted to go lower and went for fk highsports .

Mk3 Clio
i have just done my mk3 clio lowered recently on eibach springs

after a while they settle in and sit rather nice i am pleased with mine apart from crashing my car the other nite lol