ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

lowering problems on RT

hey, ive got a 1.4 RT phase2 clio (n reg) and ive got it on 195/50/15s, lowered 35mm on gmax springs and had the torsion bar adjusted. now its alright with 2 people in it but when i put (even 2 or my smallest friends) in the back it goes fine until i go over a bump or drop in the road and you then get a crunch noise from the back right. i dont know if this is the shocks bottoming out or the tyre hitting the arch or whatever but a friend suggested getting a williams torsion bar to fit as these are supposedly stiffer? any info on this, how to solve the problem or people having the same troubles?

steve o

Hmm, I get it too.. it loves shredding my back tyres.

Its the inner arch lip - get it grinded back a bit, and it should be ok! Need to get mine done ASAP!

Stiffer shocks get round the problem, not tackle it - they are only so stiff.. so on some bumps with a lot of weight in, itll still get to a point where it will catch on the arch again!

Daz.

where exactly about, the outside of the wheel (i.e. the bit you can see) or the inside? and is the tyre hitting the top, side etc..

cheers

Outside of the wheel, and its hitting the lip just behind the arch on mine..

Making a nice mark all around my tyre wall.

i can fit my finger between the tyre and the arch all the way round... and i dont see any signs of damage on the wheel or tyre.

i have no problem with body roll at all its just i was takin my mates bro whos like 13 and his mates to the park for footie and even with 2 of them in the back , i went over a ridge at about 45mph and got a loud noise. its worse with bigger people to the stage that i cant do over 65mph on straight bumpy roads cos everytime the car bounces it makes crappy noises...

I bet you do have bodyroll.. unless you have something like adjustable shocks on the back set to rock hard.. heh. Mine would be ok if the car just went down.. but it doesnt, it moves from side to side a bit, and thats the problem...

Its a nasty nasty sound.. my poor Toyos being battered under the arch.. heh.

i get minimal bodyroll but that doesnt make the car go crunch unlike my mates corsa. its only goin straight that kills my 15s. u got a phase 1 clio? what wheels/drop u got

I used to get that on mine.... until the tyre wore the lip of the arch into a suitable shape! Now I can have a full load and hit as many bumps as I like! The only scraping noise Im gonna get is the bottom of my bumper on the road, but I need heavy people in for that! LOL

Tim