ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowering Standard Seats

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Hi All,

Ever since I've bought my Bean, the driving position has bugged me. I came from an 2007 A3 where the driving position was spot on as you could get the seat properly low, which I liked. I've removed the spacers and was happy for a week or 2 until I got used to it and then it still felt too high.

What I'm asking is, is there any way to lower the standard seats further without removing runners etc? I understand you can get lower subframes for buckets but is there a lower subframe or something that can be fitted, with runners, for the standard seats?

Thanks

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
search is broken again....

remove the seats, then remove rubber bungs remount seats 12mm lower....
driving pos immesurably improved bij mount aftermarket steeringwheel or extender by @Giacomo-RS

Please read my post again, I've removed the bungs/spacers/whatever you want to call them. And I've done a search but all it brings up is just to remove the bungs/spacers/whatever or other results are all about buckets, which is not what I'm after.

That user hasn't been on here in over a month, but definitely something to look into as that's another on of my gripes.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
The only other thing you can do is cut the carpet away under the runners, I know most people don't like to do this as you're essentially ruining the resale value of the car, but seeing as i'll never get rid of mine I cut it away, you can't get them any lower than that.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I take it that won't lower them much more though?

Bugger, sounds like I may have to hunt for some new seats then.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
I found that binning the spacers and carpet under the runners lowered the seat enough to make me feel like I was sitting in the car rather than on it, but no cutting the carpet away will only give you an extra 5mm at best, if you want to get race car low then new seats is the only way.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I'm by no means a big guy but coming from my Audi when I could have my bum rubbing on the road, I feel like I'm on a stool driving my 182. Really felt the benefit of removing the spacers, however new seats seem the way to go.

We do most long journeys in my GF's brand new Mini as it's much more comfortable than mine so it's just another excuse to turn mine into something I could track.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
On the rare occasion i've let someone else drive my car i've been shocked by how high the passenger seat is, it feel like i'm at a family dinner and Nan's had to break out the emergency chairs and i've got the bar stool, you could get a bloody nose bleed from altitude sickness, whoever signed off on the seat height must have been a bloody dwarf.

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
DOnt buy a Cobra seat, The subframes they are selling to match a Mk2 clio dont actually fit at all