ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LSD for 172

Hello I am coming here now because I am having too much powers in my 2001 Renault Sport Clio. How is it I am my driving wheels in spinning. When I hit full boosts I want to reduce my 1/4 mile time. Is it possible to have an LSD for my car? Is this available?

Many thanks-

Leprophile

Thankyou tomclio. Your writing is very large now. What powers is this LSD able to stand before it is broken. I want it to last for a few year minimum.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

if availble the lsd will be built to your requirements so 200bhp+ if you want it

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

365? how? forced induction or no2

they will still be able to reach that figure i only said 200bhp because i assumed that was your output sorry.

Hi Ste, bhp is not the concern, it is torque that becomes the limiting factor.

What have you donr to the car to produce 365 - i presume - bhp ?

Joe.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

ah captain im glad your here do you think quaife will be able to help him

I have Elia turbo and cams with mahle custom forged low compressions piston, billet crank, orbisound exhausting. When I am running on the strips I also having direct port nos.

I have heard of availabilty of Sadev gears from Cup cars. Is this set having LSD?

just based it on tha fact that elia are pants unless you give them all your life savings and leave a band new car with them for a year......then youll have what you wanted.

we got an elia kit once and the fibreglass was fine, but the exhaust that went with it consisted of 2 90 deg bends......asn in to pipes with 45 deg cust in it welded together, made me laugh.

Prodcuing that sort of power is not difficult, 22 psi at the I/C outlet will sort it. (its fairly easy to calculate effectively.) and no nos is needed at all.

the real difficulty is getting to all hold together.

Ste. are you using the std rods ?, and what compression ratio are you running ?.

also, what engine management and how are you sorting the fueling requirements.

Many thanks, I would appreciate any input you have.

Joe.