ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lucky i spotted this one!

None
Ok so yesterday i thought i would ring my local renault dealer and get some new handbrake cables just to be on the safe side having seen the protective sheath had come off the old one where it connects to the rear brakes, was i glad i decided to do this job today.

Take a look at what i found when i removed the old one, by the way the red is just some silicone i stuck over it temporarily when i noticed it while fitting my exhaust a few weeks back :)
DSC03680.gif

it took only a few twists to break it off completely as the rust had gone right through, not only that but the left hand side had started to go too, can't imagine it would have held on many hills for too much longer.

I would suggest to take a look at your own for safety sake, it's easy to see from under the back of the car inside the rear wheels as it faces backward.

None
Yeah very easy to change, the hardest part is undoing the balance nut above the exhaust, everything else just clips in, you do have to remove the heatshield below the handbrake but's it's only 4 bolts on the shield.

tiTTy & SV650
Mine snapped as I was doing a hill start out of a parallel parking space on a huge mofo hill lol bit of clutch control saved the day.

Needs adjusted again now though

Jap Box
How much are new cables including fitting anyway? Mines got an advisory saying the offside rear is making little effort

None
The ones for the 182 are £24 aside but yours will be a little cheaper i think, fitting would be about an hour at renault so maybe £100, could be a little more though.

Jap Box
The ones for the 182 are £24 aside but yours will be a little cheaper i think, fitting would be about an hour at renault so maybe £100, could be a little more though.

Thanks, will giv dealer a ring tomorrow and see about the cost, will see if the GF dad can do it instead too if I get the parts in, will most likely half the costs