ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lukes 200 RB

Clio 200
Hi, thought it was time to start a simple thread up on here.
Had Renaults in the past and after getting into trackdays with a few mates I decided that a 197/200 was the way to go after reading the reviews. Bought the 200 back in January '13, came with the cup pack, recaros but no speedlines or spoiler...

null-4.png

null-7.jpg

null-6.png

null-5.png

First Job was a spoiler, Im not keen on the cup spoilers although they have grown on me recently, so I opted for a genuine SX spoiler instead.

null-11.jpg

Fitted

null-14.jpg

Then spotted some cup racer speedlines on one of the forums so snapped them up and had them powdercoated gloss black.

null-10.jpg

null-13.jpg

Spacers were the next to do on the list to give it that better width and pull those wheels out of the arches, 20mm FK all around.

null-16.jpg

Before

null-25.jpg

After

null-26.jpg

Then came a few simple mods - the front bumper, Vinyl wrapped under the lower grill cheap diy jobbie, fitted black diamonds front and rear and got a narrower front plate.

null-29.jpg

Think thats enough for one post il update further...

Cheers

Clio 200
Then it was time to do my first trackday in it, me and a couple of lads went to anglesea, so I sourced for new front pads - EBC red stuff ceramic (terrible once hot) and got a couple of part worn yokos for the track off a mate.

null-18.jpg

null-20.jpg

And The track..

null-31.jpg

null-32.jpg

null-33.jpg

Markus msphotographic right behind

null-21.jpg

null-28.jpg

Was a boss weekend! Clio handled so well for on the standard cup suspension. Was very impressed with it. Need to book another asap.

Next I decided to empty the rear out no back passengers allowed.

null-27.jpg

Along with some H&R 30/30 springs so bring it down a little.

null-15.jpg

Fitted

null-49.jpg

Unfortunately whilst fitting I discovered one of the shocks was leaking so at the back of my mind I knew coils would eventually have to be purchased.

null-34.jpg

null-52.jpg

And thats how she sat for a few months, sneak of whats to come..

null-50.jpg

:rasp:

Clio 200
Then it was time to do my first trackday in it, me and a couple of lads went to anglesea, so I sourced for new front pads - EBC red stuff ceramic (terrible once hot) and got a couple of part worn yokos for the track off a mate.

null-18.jpg

null-20.jpg

And The track..

null-31.jpg

null-32.jpg

null-33.jpg

Markus msphotographic right behind

null-21.jpg

null-28.jpg

Was a boss weekend! Clio handled so well for on the standard cup suspension. Was very impressed with it. Need to book another asap.

Next I decided to empty the rear out no back passengers allowed.

null-27.jpg

Along with some H&R 30/30 springs so bring it down a little.

null-15.jpg

Fitted

null-49.jpg

Unfortunately whilst fitting I discovered one of the shocks was leaking so at the back of my mind I knew coils would eventually have to be purchased.

null-34.jpg

null-52.jpg

And thats how she sat for a few months, sneak of whats to come..

null-50.jpg

:rasp:

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Looks awesome so far! Very jealous :)

the only thing I don't like is the sx spoiler, cheapens the look of the car IMO, it'd look so much nicer with a cup or sprint spoiler :eek:

How did you find the springs and how have the spacers got on? Can I ask why you went for Longer bolts rather than bolt to hub spacers?

Clio 200
Looks awesome so far! Very jealous :)

the only thing I don't like is the sx spoiler, cheapens the look of the car IMO, it'd look so much nicer with a cup or sprint spoiler :eek:

How did you find the springs and how have the spacers got on? Can I ask why you went for Longer bolts rather than bolt to hub spacers?

Each to their own I suppose, maybe il purchase a cup spoiler in time... and with the spacers I just went for the cheaper option really, got them for less than half the price of the h&rs and not experienced any problems with them, I only use them for the road as people reckon the handling can be twitchy with them fitted for track etc.
Thanks chaps!

Clio 200
On the beach
IMG_2135.jpg

Getting relatively close to where its upto now.
I needed some noise, so after looking on youtube at many sound vids opted for the ktec system.

null-45.jpg

Such a boss sound it makes now, perfect for everyday driving and really gets it out when you want it to, also I painted the rear trims whilst diffuser was off.

null-35.jpg

Then the inevitable happened, 3rd and 4th gear started to crunch and grind so out came the box and 3rd and 4th synchros and hubs replaced.

IMG_2969.jpg

And an oil change after that.

null-30.jpg

Fresh as a daisy.

With the shocker on the front slowly getting worse I decided it was time to look out for some coilovers.
Popped up on one of the forums were some KW v1s :p
So took the trip up and collected them, along with a steering wheel insert.

null-43.jpg

IMG_2976.jpg

Lucky for me the coils also came with some custom rear springs as the standards rear dont actually go that low. A fair difference in height...

null-42.jpg

So got round to fitting them.

null-44.jpg

IMG_3465.jpg

IMG_3151.png

Wound all the way on the front to see how they would be and went to a couple of shows whilst at this height.

Painted interior clock surround to match the rest of the dash.

IMG_2801.jpg

And thats about it upto now, I did a trackday at Oulton park last friday not got any pics yet but put a small vid together from the morning/early afternoon when it was wet out on track, think a few lads from off here were also out on track so was good to have a play with them too. Fitted some ferodo ds2500s in the front and got a couple more part worn track tyres on the front before one popped leaving me with 3 road tyres and 1 track tyre haha, was still a boss day though!

dansphotos125.jpg

and heres the vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p7SzLcn7eM&feature=youtu.be

Cheers

Clio 200
Finally got a thread up .

Yuuuurrrssss markus finally

How did you remove the clock surround? Is it just clips so a good tug?

Dead easy pal, just get your fingernails underneath and it just unclips out :star:

car looks so mean from the front! soo jealous of your car!

Ha cheers man!

The car looks great just a tad to low IMO I like a smidge of front rake on RS Clio's

Its been lifted up slightly since the trackday althought you can hear it rubbing a touch on the video under heavy cornering which I need to sort. Cheers pal!

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
Lovely colour! And great progress!

Only thing id id say is that front end doesn't look right with th rep wrap and badge done black IMO.
also, on the rear are you getting a bolt rubbing on the tyres? Roughly in the middle, a metal bolt that sticks out of the arch lining?