ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lurgan Park Rally

Renaultsport 220T
Was back in NI at the weekend to see the first offical outing of my cousins Opel Manta. We took it down to the park, in Lurgan. Co-incidentally there were some other quick cars to have a look at as well.

The Opels...

DSC_0247.jpg

DSC_0239.jpg

DSC_0227.jpg

The Rally itself is based completely in one place. A tight and twisty, tree-lined park. Mostly tarmac, but with a gravel section on some of the stages.
Always a great event, even with the rain!

Double 0 car was a bit special...

DSC_0114.jpg

DSC_0116.jpg

DSC_0265.jpg

DSC_0137.jpg

DSC_0271.jpg

DSC_0111.jpg

DSC_0284.jpg

DSC_0289.jpg

DSC_0327.jpg

DSC_0333.jpg

DSC_0314.jpg

DSC_0345.jpg

Renaultsport 220T
Great pics Ari.

I mean Steve.

Cheers everyone. It's a great day out. You should book a flight over for next year's event.

LOL, Jon, I felt a bit like him, the Opel has about 280bhp through the rears, in the wet is quite a handful.

:D

Great pics Ari.

I mean Steve.

Cheers everyone. It's a great day out. You should book a flight over for next year's event.

LOL, Jon, I felt a bit like him, the Opel has about 280bhp through the rears, in the wet is quite a handful.

Agreed...def a good day out. You got some wicked shots there Mark. I took a few as well, but would only be repeating what you've posted (allbeit, not as good quality). however, did you here that the silver evo 9 rally car ploughed into 7 people towards the end of the day? no one was killed, but apparently one guy has serious injuries and a young boy suffered head injuries.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/6942343.stm

Renaultsport 220T

Agreed...def a good day out. You got some wicked shots there Mark. I took a few as well, but would only be repeating what you've posted (allbeit, not as good quality). however, did you here that the silver evo 9 rally car ploughed into 7 people towards the end of the day? no one was killed, but apparently one guy has serious injuries and a young boy suffered head injuries.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/6942343.stm

Yeah, I know Dickie Curran. (the driver) It seemed like a really freak incident, as where he went off, he would have been slowed by the bales of hay put out for the chicane. But once on the grass with that amount of rain, the car is just out of control. I saw Mark Higgins slide off up on the gravel section, and he was just a passenger when he was on the grass. He slid a good 20-30yrds missing trees, before he came to rest on a VW Bora in the carpark.

Let's hope they all recover well.